kerberos login - Kerberos

This is a discussion on kerberos login - Kerberos ; Hi. I am real kerberos newbie. I am trying to add kerberos support for a web load testing tool that uses negotiate (kerberos). I have the following question. I would like to get a ticket from kdc with valid login ...

  1. kerberos login

    Hi.
    I am real kerberos newbie.

    I am trying to add kerberos support for a web load testing tool that
    uses negotiate (kerberos). I have the following question.

    I would like to get a ticket from kdc with valid login credentials. It
    is not the current login credential of the current login session.
    e.g.
    usera/passworda
    userb/passwordb

    I see that the function call "gss_init_sec_context" has a credential
    paramater. How do you create a credential? Is this possible?

    pseudo code.

    1) create or get a ticket for any user?

    2) init gss context
    gss_init_sec_context()

    Steve
    since@opendemand.com

  2. Re: kerberos login

    stephenpince@gmail.com writes:

    > I am trying to add kerberos support for a web load testing tool that
    > uses negotiate (kerberos). I have the following question.
    >
    > I would like to get a ticket from kdc with valid login credentials. It
    > is not the current login credential of the current login session.
    > e.g.
    > usera/passworda
    > userb/passwordb
    >
    > I see that the function call "gss_init_sec_context" has a credential
    > paramater. How do you create a credential? Is this possible?

    You can't use GSS-API to get initial credentials. You have to use the
    Kerberos API itself, probably krb5_get_init_creds_password.

    --
    Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)

+ Reply to Thread