On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 05:17:11PM -0500, Will Fiveash wrote:
> Second, the nodename/hostname associated with a Solaris system should
> be short form. For example when running the /usr/bin/hostname command
> the output should be something like:
>
> $ /usr/bin/hostname
> foo
>
> not foo.bar.com. Sadly this isn't documented as clearly as it should be
> in the Solaris system admin guides. In addition Solaris krb currently
> requires DNS be enabled on the system.

I was premature posting the above info. I'm currently working on
getting a definitive answer to what form of hostname is acceptable for
configuring Solaris and I will post whatever I find out here. So please
hold off making any changes to Solaris configurations if people were
considering doing so based on my earlier post.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.