cannot run kinit - Kerberos

This is a discussion on cannot run kinit - Kerberos ; I installed kerberos on a test linux which contained the kinit and other kerberos files under /usr/kerberos/bin but when I installed on another system it did not contain these files, what'd I do wrong? when I try and run the ...

  1. cannot run kinit

    I installed kerberos on a test linux which contained
    the kinit and other kerberos files under /usr/kerberos/bin but when I
    installed on another system
    it did not contain these files, what'd I do wrong?

    when I try and run the kinit from the /u1/krb5-1.6.3/src/clients/kinit

    kinit name@DOMAIN.LOCAL I get an error msg.

    ../kinit: error while loading shared libraries: libkrb5support.so.0: cannot

    Can someome give some help Thanks!

  2. Re: cannot run kinit

    > Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:47:54 PDT
    > To: kerberos@mit.edu
    > From: "stormin"
    > Subject: cannot run kinit
    >
    > I installed kerberos on a test linux which contained
    > the kinit and other kerberos files under /usr/kerberos/bin but when I
    > installed on another system
    > it did not contain these files, what'd I do wrong?
    >
    > when I try and run the kinit from the /u1/krb5-1.6.3/src/clients/kinit
    >
    > kinit name@DOMAIN.LOCAL I get an error msg.
    >
    > ./kinit: error while loading shared libraries: libkrb5support.so.0: cannot
    >
    > Can someome give some help Thanks!

    These don't sound like kerberos specific errors, so this may not
    be the best forum to ask.

    You probably haven't got the right shared libraries in the right place.

    If you're running a properly installed copy of kerberos, you should
    have shared libraries in the proper location. You can use "strace"
    to find out what they might be called. You can also use "objdump -x"
    to look for any compiled-in library path. If you have the libraries in
    the right spot, but kinit doesn't find them, perhaps you need to edit
    /etc/ld.so.conf and/or run ldconfig. If you haven't got the libraries
    at all then perhaps you need to install another package -- consult
    your vendor.

    If you're running out of source you just built, you won't have
    shared libraries out there yet ("make install" will put them there.)
    If you want to test before installing, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH first,
    perhaps like this,
    env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/lib clients/kinit/kinit
    unless you built and installed exactly like the vendor, you
    probably won't wind up with stuff in the same place.

    For more information on managing shared libraries at build and run time,
    man ldconfig ld.so ld
    Your system administrator or local linux expert may be able to provide
    more help. Like I said, this isn't kerberos specific.

    -Marcus Watts

+ Reply to Thread