Wes Modes schrieb:
>>> But on an OpenLDAP list I got:
>>>
>>> There is an ugly hack: having a userPassword field with
>>> "{SASL}" in LDAP you can employ saslauthd's
>>> Kerberos backend. We use it as a crutch for a web application which
>>> can only authenticate against an LDAP directory
>>>

>> And what that does is exactly what's described above: it causes slapd to
>> take the username and password and do a kinit and ticket verification.
>> (What it actually does is hand the username and password off to saslauthd,
>> which then does that, but for your purposes it amounts to the same thing.)
>>

> Where does one get more info on this ugly hack?
>
> What you described is precisely what I was hoping for. However, I hoped
> it would be commonplace and elegant. But ugly hacks have their place.

Hi,

before going down this route you might investigate adding SASL GSSAPI to
smbldap-tools. I took a quick look at the source code and it seems
straightforward to add Authen::SASL bind capabilities.
You need to find out if you have access to a ticket when the script is
called thought. You might ask the samba folks here...

cheers
Paul