Kerberos through gateway - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos through gateway - Kerberos ; I have a network on which machines do not have direct access outside. Instead they are required to go through a particular machine which acts as a gateway/proxy for various services. I'd like to have the inside machines request kerberos ...

  1. Kerberos through gateway

    I have a network on which machines do not have direct access outside.
    Instead they are required to go through a particular machine which acts
    as a gateway/proxy for various services. I'd like to have the inside
    machines request kerberos tickets from this gateway, which will send the
    requests as a proxy. The only reference to something like this that
    I've been able to find is IAKERB [1], which is apparently Internet-draft
    status, and for which I haven't seen any implementations.

    Any ideas?

    Regards,
    Casey

    [1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/...-iakerb-00.txt

  2. Re: Kerberos through gateway

    "Casey T. Deccio" writes:

    > I have a network on which machines do not have direct access outside.
    > Instead they are required to go through a particular machine which acts
    > as a gateway/proxy for various services. I'd like to have the inside
    > machines request kerberos tickets from this gateway, which will send the
    > requests as a proxy. The only reference to something like this that
    > I've been able to find is IAKERB [1], which is apparently Internet-draft
    > status, and for which I haven't seen any implementations.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    You could use NAT for Kerberos connections and request addressless
    tickets.

    Sebastian

+ Reply to Thread