DNS configuration for Kerebos - Kerberos

This is a discussion on DNS configuration for Kerebos - Kerberos ; I ran "krb5_newrealm" to initialise the KDC database. This give the following useful tips: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ # krb5_newrealm This script should be run on the master KDC/admin server to initialize a Kerberos realm. It will ask you to type in a ...

  1. DNS configuration for Kerebos

    I ran "krb5_newrealm" to initialise the KDC database.

    This give the following useful tips:

    # krb5_newrealm
    This script should be run on the master KDC/admin server to initialize
    a Kerberos realm. It will ask you to type in a master key password.
    This password will be used to generate a key that is stored in
    /etc/krb5kdc/stash. You should try to remember this password, but it
    is much more important that it be a strong password than that it be
    remembered. However, if you lose the password and /etc/krb5kdc/stash,
    you cannot decrypt your Kerberos database.
    Initializing database '/var/lib/krb5kdc/principal' for realm
    'IQETD.LAN',
    master key name '...@IQETD.LAN'
    You will be prompted for the database Master Password.
    It is important that you NOT FORGET this password.
    Enter KDC database master key:
    Re-enter KDC database master key to verify:

    Now that your realm is set up you may wish to create an administrative
    principal using the addprinc subcommand of the kadmin.local program.
    Then, this principal can be added to /etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl so that
    you can use the kadmin program on other computers. Kerberos admin
    principals usually belong to a single user and end in /admin. For
    example, if jruser is a Kerberos administrator, then in addition to
    the normal jruser principal, a jruser/admin principal should be
    created.

    Don't forget to set up DNS information so your clients can find your
    KDC and admin servers. Doing so is documented in the administration
    guide.

    I am unable to find the reference on configuring the DNS in the
    administration guide to which this refers.

    Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

  2. Re: DNS configuration for Kerebos

    Cov wrote:

    > I am unable to find the reference on configuring the DNS in the
    > administration guide to which this refers.
    >
    > Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.6...html#Using-DNS

    That do?

    --
    Jamin @ Home @ Chester UK