Debugging Script using get_in_tkt_with_password - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Debugging Script using get_in_tkt_with_password - Kerberos ; Hello all, I have a specific question coming from my activities in a prior thread (Trouble Getting Ticket into Cache). The thread got confusing when others attached to it with different questions. I thought a new post was in order. ...

  1. Debugging Script using get_in_tkt_with_password

    Hello all,

    I have a specific question coming from my activities in a prior thread
    (Trouble Getting Ticket into Cache). The thread got confusing when
    others attached to it with different questions. I thought a new post
    was in order.

    My C script is using get_in_tkt_with_password() to cache a password.
    Everything is set up correctly, I believe. I am compiling through gcc
    and linking the object file to /usr/lib/libkrb5.so. I am getting the
    following error text when running the executable in gdb:

    <<< begin gdb read out <<<

    Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

    0xb7f11f8c in krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password () from /usr/lib/
    libkrb5.so.3
    (gdb) list
    1 init.c: No such file or directory.
    in init.c
    (gdb) bt
    #0 0xb7f11f8c in krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password () from /usr/lib/
    libkrb5.so.3
    #1 0x08048774 in main ()

    <<< end gdb read out <<<

    Does this look like a problem with my Kerberos install or gdb? Is
    init.c (which I understand to be memory protection) a file that should
    be installed on my server.

    Thanks much for any assistance.

    Sincerely,

    Angus B. Atkins-Trimnell

  2. Re: Debugging Script using get_in_tkt_with_password

    On Feb 19, 10:47 am, trimk...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a specific question coming from my activities in a prior thread
    > (Trouble Getting Ticket into Cache). The thread got confusing when
    > others attached to it with different questions. I thought a new post
    > was in order.
    >
    > My C script is using get_in_tkt_with_password() to cache a password.
    > Everything is set up correctly, I believe. I am compiling through gcc
    > and linking the object file to /usr/lib/libkrb5.so. I am getting the
    > following error text when running the executable in gdb:
    >
    > <<< begin gdb read out <<<
    >
    > Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

    > 0xb7f11f8c in krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password () from /usr/lib/
    > libkrb5.so.3
    > (gdb) list
    > 1 init.c: No such file or directory.
    > in init.c
    > (gdb) bt
    > #0 0xb7f11f8c in krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password () from /usr/lib/
    > libkrb5.so.3
    > #1 0x08048774 in main ()
    >
    > <<< end gdb read out <<<
    >
    > Does this look like a problem with my Kerberos install or gdb? Is
    > init.c (which I understand to be memory protection) a file that should
    > be installed on my server.
    >
    > Thanks much for any assistance.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Angus B. Atkins-Trimnell

    Sorry about the use of the word "script". It should be "program".

+ Reply to Thread