kadmin: error - Kerberos

This is a discussion on kadmin: error - Kerberos ; Dear all, I am a new bee to kerberos ,i am running client and kdc server on the same machine .my short term aim is to get a ticket from kdc succesfully... I followed the steps below.. 1) ./configure make ...

  1. kadmin: error

    Dear all,
    I am a new bee to kerberos ,i am running client and kdc server on the
    same machine .my short term aim is to get
    a ticket from kdc succesfully...
    I followed the steps below..
    1) ./configure
    make
    make install
    2) Edited file in /etc/krb5.conf and it goes like this
    [libdefaults]
    default_realm = GESL.COM
    dns_lookup_realm = false
    krb4_config = /usr/kerberos/lib/krb.conf
    krb4_realms = /usr/kerberos/lib/krb.realms

    [kdc]
    profile = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

    [realms]
    GESL.COM = {
    kdc = 172.16.8.70:88
    admin_server = 172.16.8.70
    default_domain = GESL.COM
    v4_instance_convert = {
    gesl = gesl.com
    }
    }

    [domain_realm]
    .gesl.com = GESL.COM
    gesl.com = GESL.COM

    [logging]
    kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log
    admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmin.log
    default = FILE:/var/log/krb5lib.log
    3) edited file /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kdc.conf it goes like this
    [kdcdefaults]
    kdc_ports = 750,88

    [realms]
    GESL.COM = {
    profile = /etc/krb5.conf
    database_name = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/principal
    admin_keytab = FILE:/usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
    acl_file = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
    key_stash_file = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/.k5.GESL.COM
    kdc_ports = 750,88
    max_life = 10h 0m 0s
    max_renewable_life = 7d 0h 0m 0s
    }
    4) in /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
    root/admin@GESL.COM *
    5) I used kdb5_util create -r GESL.COM -s
    gave password
    6) kadminl.ocal: addprinc root/admin@GESL.COM
    : quit
    7) root@Naveen:~/krb5-1.6.3/src# kadmin
    Authenticating as principal root/admin@GESL.COM with password.
    Password for root/admin@GESL.COM:
    kadmin: Incorrect password while initializing kadmin interface
    8)root@Naveen:~/krb5-1.6.3/src# kinit
    kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
    credentials

    can any one please kindly help me out ...........

    with & regards
    naveen

  2. Re: kadmin: error

    Naveen BN wrote:

    > 7) root@Naveen:~/krb5-1.6.3/src# kadmin
    > Authenticating as principal root/admin@GESL.COM with password.
    > Password for root/admin@GESL.COM:
    > kadmin: Incorrect password while initializing kadmin interface

    From what you've said it appears you haven't set a password for your
    root/admin principal - this isn't the same as your database password.
    Fire up kadmin.local and set a pwd with 'cpw root/admin'.

    > 8)root@Naveen:~/krb5-1.6.3/src# kinit
    > kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
    > credentials

    Have you created a host principal and keytab? Just a thought...

    Cheers,
    Jamin
    --
    Jamin @ Home @ Chester UK

  3. Re: kadmin: error

    Naveen BN wrote:

    Are you using FreeBSD which has the Heimdal kadmin installed by default?
    If you've installed the MIT krb5kdc port you'll need to use the correct
    kadmin as the two don't get on, check /usr/local/sbin.

    Cheers,
    Jamin
    --
    Jamin @ Home @ Chester UK