Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type - Kerberos ; Colleagues, What could be the reason that I cannot telnet from FreeBSD to Solaris 10 with the following error: Connected to oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru. Escape character is '^]'. [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ] [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum ...

  1. Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type

    Colleagues,

    What could be the reason that I cannot telnet from FreeBSD to Solaris 10
    with the following error:

    Connected to oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ]
    [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ]
    [ Trying KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ]
    [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ]
    Password:

    Kerberized telnet and ssh work fine between FreeBSD systems, but
    Solaris is a problem.

    The kdc is Heimdal running on FreeBSD. The keytab for the host
    principal was exported on FreeBSD and then transferred to Solaris and
    imported there.

    Thank you in advance for any input.

    --
    Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
    2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

  2. Re: Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type

    Victor Sudakov wrote:

    > What could be the reason that I cannot telnet from FreeBSD to Solaris 10
    > with the following error:

    > Connected to oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru.
    > Escape character is '^]'.
    > [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ]
    > [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ]
    > [ Trying KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ]
    > [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ]
    > Password:

    Any more ideas?

    --
    Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
    2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

  3. How to enable automatic Auth (IE + Firefox) using Active Directory

    Hi Fellows
    Now, my auth are working, but not automatic. I allways need to insert my
    username and password from my active directory domain.
    What I need to do to enable the feature that when I open the web
    address, I don't need to put my username and password ?

    My apache conf:

    AllowOverride Limit AuthConfig Options
    Options ExecCGI
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthType Kerberos
    AuthName "Kerberos Login"
    KrbMethodNegotiate off
    KrbAuthoritative on
    KrbVerifyKDC off
    KrbAuthRealms MYINTERNALDOMAIN.NET
    Krb5Keytab /etc/httpd/conf/servername.keytab
    KrbSaveCredentials off

    require valid-user

    best regards

    Gustavo Hellwig Junior

  4. Re: Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type

    Victor Sudakov wrote:

    > What could be the reason that I cannot telnet from FreeBSD to Solaris 10
    > with the following error:

    > Connected to oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru.
    > Escape character is '^]'.
    > [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ]
    > [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ]
    > [ Trying KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ]
    > [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ]
    > Password:

    > Kerberized telnet and ssh work fine between FreeBSD systems, but
    > Solaris is a problem.

    You will laugh but ssh (gssapi-with-mic) from FreeBSD to the same
    Solaris 10 host and back also works perfectly. The "checksum
    verification failed" problem seems to exist only with telnet.

    I can certainly live without telnet if I have a working ssh. However I
    still would like to know the cause of the telnet problem out of academic
    interest.

    Is there a way to obtain more debug information from Kerberized telnet?

    --
    Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
    2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

+ Reply to Thread