Ubuntu and ldap backend - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Ubuntu and ldap backend - Kerberos ; Hi, I'm trying to configure MIT kerberos with ldap backend as principal database on ubuntu 7.10, following instruction in admin-guide of MIT, but I stuck because I cannot find kdb5_ldap_util in ubuntu packages (and I have to do this using ...

  1. Ubuntu and ldap backend

    Hi, I'm trying to configure MIT kerberos with ldap backend as principal
    database on ubuntu 7.10, following instruction in admin-guide of MIT, but
    I stuck because I cannot find kdb5_ldap_util in ubuntu packages (and I
    have to do this using packages). So, I'd like to know, is there a way to
    bypass this issue? Should I use heimdal?
    Thamks

    --

    questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
    http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it

  2. Re: Ubuntu and ldap backend

    On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 4:00 PM, hiroshi wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to configure MIT kerberos with ldap backend as principal
    > database on ubuntu 7.10, following instruction in admin-guide of MIT, but
    > I stuck because I cannot find kdb5_ldap_util in ubuntu packages (and I
    > have to do this using packages). So, I'd like to know, is there a way to
    > bypass this issue? Should I use heimdal?

    If you experience problems with MIT, try with heimdal. Configuration only
    departs from non-ldap backend in the fact that you must supply an ldap
    dbname in the database section.

    Javier Palacios

  3. Re: Ubuntu and ldap backend

    On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:00, hiroshi wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to configure MIT kerberos with ldap backend as
    > principal
    > database on ubuntu 7.10, following instruction in admin-guide of
    > MIT, but
    > I stuck because I cannot find kdb5_ldap_util in ubuntu packages (and I
    > have to do this using packages). So, I'd like to know, is there a
    > way to
    > bypass this issue? Should I use heimdal?

    If you don't get an answer here, check with whomever maintains the
    package for Ubuntu (or an Ubuntu support list). It may be that
    they've just overlooked the LDAP support, or maybe they put it in a
    separate package so as not to make the main package introduce an LDAP
    dependency on systems where LDAP isn't otherwise in use.

    Ken

  4. Re: Ubuntu and ldap backend

    Javier Palacios ha scritto:

    > If you experience problems with MIT, try with heimdal. Configuration only
    > departs from non-ldap backend in the fact that you must supply an ldap
    > dbname in the database section.

    OK, I'll try. Thanks for the answers

    --

    questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
    http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it

  5. Re: Ubuntu and ldap backend

    p.0155@tiscali.it (hiroshi) writes:
    > Javier Palacios ha scritto:

    >> If you experience problems with MIT, try with heimdal. Configuration
    >> only departs from non-ldap backend in the fact that you must supply an
    >> ldap dbname in the database section.

    > OK, I'll try. Thanks for the answers

    Building the LDAP storage module is an open wishlist bug against the
    Debian krb5 packages, but I don't want to try to add it without checking
    with Sam first. Hopefully we'll be able to get that into lenny.

    --
    Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)

+ Reply to Thread