Kerberos SSO with SAP ERP (AIX) and SAP GUI - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos SSO with SAP ERP (AIX) and SAP GUI - Kerberos ; Hi, If possible, please point me to some successful documentation where Kerberos V is used to setup Single Sign-On using Windows 2003 ADS and AIX SAP servers. We would like to be able to authenticate from our desktop via ADS ...

  1. Kerberos SSO with SAP ERP (AIX) and SAP GUI

    Hi,

    If possible, please point me to some successful documentation where Kerberos V is used to setup Single Sign-On using Windows 2003 ADS and AIX SAP servers. We would like to be able to authenticate from our desktop via ADS and then click on a SAP system from the SAP Login Pad and achieve SSO into that application server running on AIX.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    Best Regards,
    Rick Taylor
    OGE Energy Corp.
    SAP / Database Administrator
    phone: (405) 553-2426
    Mobile: (405) 623-7537

  2. Re: Kerberos SSO with SAP ERP (AIX) and SAP GUI

    Hi Rick,

    SAP does not officialy offer gss-api libraries to systems other then
    Windows. There was a product call BC SNC adapter, but it's
    discontinued and not supported by SAP for production systems.
    There is a somewhat dated guide in the group about how to configure it
    on Linux and AIX 5.2 env., using the MIT kerberos module source.
    For a solid and supported solution, you should check the SAP certified
    verndor list for licensed SNC providers:
    http://www.sap.com/partners/director...chSolution.epx
    Certification Category: "Secure Network Communications"

    The solution Tim is reffering to, is indeed SAP certified.

    But depending on your implementation scenario and the user's main
    access point: you might want to think about implementing SSO via SAP
    Enterprise Portal. This is a very robust solution that requires no
    additional software license.

    Best Regards,
    Eric Labiner
    SAP NetWeaver consultant

    On Jan 17, 7:14*pm, "Taylor, Richard" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > If possible, please point me to some successful documentation where Kerberos V is used to setup Single Sign-On using Windows 2003 ADS and AIXSAPservers. *We would like to be able to authenticate from our desktop via ADS and then click on aSAPsystem from theSAPLogin Pad and achieve SSO into that application server running on AIX.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Rick Taylor
    > OGE Energy Corp.SAP/ Database Administrator
    > phone: (405) 553-2426
    > Mobile: *(405) 623-7537

+ Reply to Thread