KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error - Kerberos

This is a discussion on KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error - Kerberos ; Hello, I need some help deciphering the error msg below: ------------------------------------ The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/managementserver.domain.com. The target name used was HTTP/managementserver.domain.com. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket ...

  1. KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error

    ------------------------------------
    The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the
    server host/managementserver.domain.com. The target name used was
    HTTP/managementserver.domain.com. This indicates that the password
    used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on
    the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine
    accounts in the target realm (DOMAIN.COM), and the client realm.

    -----------------------------------

    I am getting this error msg on Windows server that is part of a domain.

    Thanks
    saqib
    http://www.quantumcrypto.de/dante/

  2. Re: KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error

    When do you exactly get this error ? It might mean that you have two entries
    with the same principalname in AD.

    Markus

    "Ali, Saqib" wrote in message
    news:mailman.88.1200432605.5144.kerberos@mit.edu.. .
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need some help deciphering the error msg below:
    >
    > ------------------------------------
    > The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the
    > server host/managementserver.domain.com. The target name used was
    > HTTP/managementserver.domain.com. This indicates that the password
    > used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on
    > the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine
    > accounts in the target realm (DOMAIN.COM), and the client realm.
    > Please contact your system administrator.

    > I am getting this error msg on Windows server that is part of a domain.
    >
    > Thanks
    > saqib
    > http://www.quantumcrypto.de/dante/

+ Reply to Thread