OS X Leopard / Mail.app / Kerberos woes - Kerberos

This is a discussion on OS X Leopard / Mail.app / Kerberos woes - Kerberos ; Pardon if this has already been observed, but I haven't found mention of it. I have been using Kerberos successfully with Tiger's Mail.app talking to Cyrus imapd and sendmail on a Debian box, for quite some time. I just upgraded ...

  1. OS X Leopard / Mail.app / Kerberos woes

    Pardon if this has already been observed, but I haven't found mention of
    it. I have been using Kerberos successfully with Tiger's Mail.app talking
    to Cyrus imapd and sendmail on a Debian box, for quite some time. I just
    upgraded to Leopard. Both kerberized SSH and other IMAP/sendmail clients
    continue to work, including imtest and pine. However, when Mail.app
    attempts to authenticate to imapd or sendmail, I get this on the server
    side:

    SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_accept_sec_context

    I also observe the following weirdness: in both klist and the Kerberos app
    on OS X, the realm names on service tickets are not displayed, e.g.:

    Kerberos 5 ticket cache: 'API:Initial default ccache'
    Default principal: res@OANKALI.NET

    Valid Starting Expires Service Principal
    01/13/08 16:35:37 01/14/08 02:35:37 krbtgt/OANKALI.NET@OANKALI.NET
    renew until 01/20/08 16:35:37
    >>> 01/13/08 16:36:15 01/14/08 02:35:37 imap/sequoia.oankali.net@

    renew until 01/20/08 16:35:37

    No idea if these are somehow related. I haven't done all the debugging I
    can (i.e. decoded the gssapi traffic to look for anomalies). I will. But
    first I wonder if anyone here has run into these problems?

    Thanks,

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  2. Re: OS X Leopard / Mail.app / Kerberos woes

    Pardon the duplicate post; please refer to my later post on this
    topic: "Mail.app / Kerberos / OS X woes"

+ Reply to Thread