kerberos error on debian kadmind - Kerberos

This is a discussion on kerberos error on debian kadmind - Kerberos ; Hello everybody, I have this error when the package krb5-admin is installed ont my debian 4.0. "kadmind: No such file or directory while initializing, aborting". I search in the start script in /etc/init.d/krb5-admin-server but i not find any error. Please ...

  1. kerberos error on debian kadmind

    Hello everybody,

    I have this error when the package krb5-admin is installed ont my debian
    4.0.

    "kadmind: No such file or directory while initializing, aborting".

    I search in the start script in /etc/init.d/krb5-admin-server but i not find
    any error.

    Please help me Thanks

  2. Re: kerberos error on debian kadmind

    On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 04:48:47PM +0100, alexandre wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I have this error when the package krb5-admin is installed ont my debian
    > 4.0.
    >
    > "kadmind: No such file or directory while initializing, aborting".
    >
    > I search in the start script in /etc/init.d/krb5-admin-server but i not find
    > any error.

    Please provide the exact sequence of commands you enter from installing
    the krb5-admin package until you receive the error.

    Regards,

    -Roberto

    --
    Roberto C. Sánchez
    http://people.connexer.com/~roberto

  3. Re: kerberos error on debian kadmind

    "alexandre" writes:

    > I have this error when the package krb5-admin is installed ont my debian
    > 4.0.
    >
    > "kadmind: No such file or directory while initializing, aborting".

    Usually that error message means that you've never created a KDC
    database. Run krb5_newrealm to initialize a new KDC database on Debian
    (which just calls kdb5_util with appropriate options).

    > I search in the start script in /etc/init.d/krb5-admin-server but i not
    > find any error.

    Because the error comes from kadmind.

    --
    Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)

  4. Re: kerberos error on debian kadmind

    A> Hello everybody, I have this error when the package krb5-admin is
    A> installed ont my debian 4.0.

    A> "kadmind: No such file or directory while initializing, aborting".

    A> I search in the start script in /etc/init.d/krb5-admin-server but i
    A> not find any error.

    A> Please help me Thanks

    I would just start kadmind under strace and see what file(s) it's looking for...

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

+ Reply to Thread