Hello Xiao,

Can you please tell me in LDAP autentication of the users logging in to the
server, is it necessary to enable sasl mechanism or tls ??

Is it necessary to change the lines in /etc/ldap.conf file ?

when i tried to logon to the server machine using ssh command -it does nt
work?
nor i am able to change the password of the same users, using the passwd
command ?

[root@authdns compcen]# passwd ldapusr
Changing password for user ldapusr.
Enter login(LDAP) password:
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
LDAP Password incorrect: try again
Enter login(LDAP) password:
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
LDAP Password incorrect: try again
Enter login(LDAP) password:
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
LDAP Password incorrect: try again
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
[root@authdns compcen]#

[root@authdns media]# ssh 127.0.0.1 -l jmaan
jmaan@127.0.0.1's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
jmaan@127.0.0.1's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
jmaan@127.0.0.1's password:
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).
[root@authdns icp #

Please tell me, what went wrong with this ??

Regards,

Jyotishmaan