kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading response fromserver - Kerberos

This is a discussion on kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading response fromserver - Kerberos ; Hello all, I am trying to configure a master KDC and a slave KDC. I am facing the following problem while trying to do so. It will be of great help if someone can kindly suggest me some solution. When ...

  1. kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading response fromserver

    Hello all,

    I am trying to configure a master KDC and a slave KDC. I am facing the
    following problem while trying to do so. It will be of great help if
    someone can kindly suggest me some solution.

    When I try to propagate the database from Master KDC to slave executing
    the following command:

    # kprop -f /user/loca/var/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans
    kdcs.techmbng.com

    I got the following error message,

    /usr/local/sbin/kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading
    response from server

    However the database is propagated successfully to the slave KDC.

    While looking at the /var/log/messages log file at Slave, it states

    kdcs kpropd[2817]: kpropd: /usr/local/sbin/kdb5_util returned
    a bad exit status (1)

    kdcs xinetd[1954]: EXIT: krb5_prop status=1 pid=2817 duration=1(sec)

    As in the above step, kpropd is not returned successfully, subsequent
    trial to create stash file and start the krb5kdc daemon at slave
    (Executing commands kdb5_util stash and /usr/local/sbin/krb5kdc)

    Returns the following error

    kdb5_util: No such file or directory while initializing
    database

    Also tried to follow the suggestion to execute the following command,
    stated in mailing list earlier

    Kdb5_util -r TECHMBNG.COM load -d /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/principal
    /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans

    This command while executed though completed without saying anything,
    but subsequent trial to create stash file and start the krb5kdc daemon
    at slave failed giving the same error.

    Is there any solution other than "creating a database on the slave KDC
    before initiating the database propagation from the master".

    Thanks

    Juri

    Thanks & Regards,

    Juri D. | NGN | Tech Mahindra

    9/7 Hosur Road , Bangalore - 560029

    * Office: +91-080-25539232 | Extn: 2228

    Email: jdakua@techmahindra.com

    www.techmahindra.com

    ================================================== ================================================== ========================

    Disclaimer:

    This message and the information contained herein is proprietary andconfidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you mayreview the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally and http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html internally within Tech Mahindra.

    ================================================== ================================================== ========================

  2. Re: kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading responsefrom server

    On Nov 27, 5:25 am, "Juri Dakua" wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a master KDC and a slave KDC. I am facing the
    > following problem while trying to do so. It will be of great help if
    > someone can kindly suggest me some solution.
    >
    > When I try to propagate the database from Master KDC to slave executing
    > the following command:
    >
    > # kprop -f /user/loca/var/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans
    > kdcs.techmbng.com
    >
    > I got the following error message,
    >
    > /usr/local/sbin/kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading
    > response from server
    >
    > However the database is propagated successfully to the slave KDC.
    >
    > While looking at the /var/log/messages log file at Slave, it states
    >
    > kdcs kpropd[2817]: kpropd: /usr/local/sbin/kdb5_util returned
    > a bad exit status (1)
    >
    > kdcs xinetd[1954]: EXIT: krb5_prop status=1 pid=2817 duration=1(sec)
    >
    > As in the above step, kpropd is not returned successfully, subsequent
    > trial to create stash file and start the krb5kdc daemon at slave
    > (Executing commands kdb5_util stash and /usr/local/sbin/krb5kdc)
    >
    > Returns the following error
    >
    > kdb5_util: No such file or directory while initializing
    > database
    >
    > Also tried to follow the suggestion to execute the following command,
    > stated in mailing list earlier
    >
    > Kdb5_util -r TECHMBNG.COM load -d /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/principal
    > /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans
    >
    > This command while executed though completed without saying anything,
    > but subsequent trial to create stash file and start the krb5kdc daemon
    > at slave failed giving the same error.
    >
    > Is there any solution other than "creating a database on the slave KDC
    > before initiating the database propagation from the master".
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Juri
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    >
    > Juri D. | NGN | Tech Mahindra
    >
    > 9/7 Hosur Road , Bangalore - 560029
    >
    > * Office: +91-080-25539232 | Extn: 2228
    >
    > Email: jda...@techmahindra.com
    >
    > www.techmahindra.com

    > Disclaimer:
    >
    > This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally and http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html internally within Tech Mahindra.

    In my setup the slave kdc is already running when propagation occurs.
    Start your kdc prior to propagation.

+ Reply to Thread