Passwordless ssh is not working - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Passwordless ssh is not working - Kerberos ; I've setup kerberos successfully and I can kinit and use it to authenticate to my OpenLDAP server. I have one server (Serv) and two clients (client 1 and client2). I wanna ssh from client1 to client2 without passwords. I changed ...

  1. Passwordless ssh is not working

    I've setup kerberos successfully and I can kinit and use it to authenticate to my OpenLDAP server. I have one server (Serv) and two clients (client 1 and client2). I wanna ssh from client1 to client2 without passwords. I changed the sshd_config and ssh_config on both clients as follows:

    sshd_config:
    # Kerberos options
    KerberosAuthentication yes
    #KerberosGetAFSToken no
    KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
    KerberosTicketCleanup yes
    # GSSAPI options
    GSSAPIAuthentication yes
    GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes

    ssh_config:
    GSSAPIAuthentication yes
    GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes

    The above are the only settings I changed, the remaining are kept to defaults. When I try to ssh from client1 to client2, I'm always being asked for password! I tried to kinit -f to get a forwardable ticket, however; I still have to enter password. Here is the debug trace:

    ssh -vvv client1
    OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9, OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006
    debug1: Applying options for *
    debug1: Connecting to client1 [172.20.40.11] port 22.
    debug1: Connection established.
    debug1: identity file /home/amir/.ssh/identity type -1
    debug1: identity file /home/amir/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
    debug1: identity file /home/amir/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
    debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9
    debug1: match: OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9 pat OpenSSH*
    debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9
    debug1: Offering GSSAPI proposal: gss-gex-sha1-toWM5Slw5Ew8Mqkay+al2g==,gss-group1-sha1-toWM5Slw5Ew8Mqkay+al2g==,gss-gex-sha1-A/vxljAEU54gt9a48EiANQ==,gss-group1-sha1-A/vxljAEU54gt9a48EiANQ==
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
    debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
    debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent
    debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
    debug1: Host 'client1' is known and matches the RSA host key.
    debug1: Found key in /home/amir/.ssh/known_hosts:1
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
    debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
    debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
    debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
    debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-keyex
    debug1: No valid Key exchange context
    debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
    debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
    debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
    debug1: Trying private key: /home/amir/.ssh/identity
    debug1: Trying private key: /home/amir/.ssh/id_rsa
    debug1: Trying private key: /home/amir/.ssh/id_dsa
    debug1: Next authentication method: password

    Both machines have host/FQDN principal and I can kinit and login to them successfully using Kerberos.

    Any help is highly appreciated.

    Thank you

    Amir

    Discover the new Windows Vista
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...n-US&form=QBRE

  2. Re: Passwordless ssh is not working

    On 2007-11-21 14:48:25 +0100, Amir Saad said:

    > Both machines have host/FQDN principal and I can kinit and login to
    > them successfully using Kerberos.

    So did you export the host principal to the main keytab file (krb5.keytab)?

    --
    Sensei

    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
    (Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977)

  3. RE: Passwordless ssh is not working

    wow! It is working now Thank you. By the way, to get OpenLDAP, Kerberos & SSH to work toegether, I had to create two principal hosts for each machine:
    host/name
    host/FQDN

    Is this normal?

    Thank you

    Amir

    > From: senseiwa.at.Apple's.mac.dot.com@pch.mit.edu
    > Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:12:40 +0100
    > Subject: Re: Passwordless ssh is not working
    > To: kerberos@mit.edu
    >
    > On 2007-11-21 14:48:25 +0100, Amir Saad said:
    >
    > > Both machines have host/FQDN principal and I can kinit and login to
    > > them successfully using Kerberos.

    > So did you export the host principal to the main keytab file (krb5.keytab)?
    >
    > --
    > Sensei
    >
    > There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
    > (Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977)

    http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.asp...aspx&mkt=en-us

+ Reply to Thread