On Nov 13, 2007, at 13:09, Jonathan Javier Cordoba Gonzalez wrote:
> Well Im try to do a interface that admin the user database on
> java. My
> first solution was call kadmin.local from java through
>
> Runtime.getRuntime().exec("kadmin.local q \"addprinc pw lola
> lola@SAKURA.COM\"")
>
> Well there seems ok, but when I execute on a linux box the process
> on Java
> tries to connect with the user w@SAKURA.COM... (funny isnt it?)
> and kadmin
> doesnt found on KDC.

Sounds like exec isn't parsing the string the way a shell would, and
kadmin.local sees a separate "-pw" argument and takes that as an
indication that the principal name is "w". According to http://
java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Runtime.html#exec
(java.lang.String) the string is parsed using a StringTokenizer that
doesn't understand quoted strings in the input.

Probably you want to use the exec(String[]) method instead, and
construct the argument array yourself, either as an array directly,
or by more shell-like tokenization.

Ken