Hi Everyone,

I’m stuck with a very particular problem…

Well I’m try to do a interface that admin the user database on java. My
first solution was call kadmin.local from java through

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("kadmin.local –q \"addprinc –pw lola
lola@SAKURA.COM\"")

Well there seems ok, but when I execute on a linux box the process on Java
tries to connect with the user w@SAKURA.COM... (funny isn’t it?) and kadmin
doesn’t found on KDC.

Later I tried to modify the command in order to use some user on KDC to
connect to kadmin

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("kadmin.local –p jcordoba@SAKURA –w lola –q
\"addprinc –pw lola lola@SAKURA.COM\"")

BUT, the java process tries to connect with the user w@SAKURA.COM again!!!!
(It should use jcordoba credentials but it isn’t)

One possible solution could be to create the principal w@SAKURA.COM, but I’m
not sure that the w user will be use for all Java process on all boxes and I
think that this solution aren’t elegant.

So… I ask some help to everyone, maybe a other solution (a Java Api) or to
find the mistake.

Thanks a lot and my best wishes from Colombia.

Jonathan Córdoba

Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)

GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA)

CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional

Ing. Seguridad Universidad de los Andes

Dirección de Tecnologías de Información (D.T.I.)

Bogotá - Colombia