Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195 - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195 - Kerberos ; Hello group! I am new to this group and topic. I have been using pine as my primary email client for long, and never noticed the role of kerberos in the play. Until recently, on a newly installed Redhat EL5 ...

  1. Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195

    Hello group!

    I am new to this group and topic. I have been using pine as my primary
    email client for long, and never noticed the role of kerberos in the
    play.
    Until recently, on a newly installed Redhat EL5 server, when I open
    pine configured to connect to our Exchange 2007 server, I got:
    Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195 (try running kinit) for
    some.emailserver.edu
    I then did kinit

    >kinit
    >kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials

    What does this tell me and how do I shoot this problem?

    Thanks,

    Jindan

  2. Re: Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195

    Jindan Zhou writes:

    > I then did kinit

    >>kinit
    >>kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials

    > What does this tell me and how do I shoot this problem?

    Usually it means you either don't have an /etc/krb5.conf file or it's
    incorrect or doesn't include your realm information. It can mean various
    other things too (DNS problems, for instance), but krb5.conf is the first
    place to look.

    --
    Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)

  3. Re: Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195

    On Nov 5, 4:44 am, Russ Allbery wrote:
    > Jindan Zhou writes:
    > > I then did kinit
    > >>kinit
    > >>kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials

    > > What does this tell me and how do I shoot this problem?

    > Usually it means you either don't have an /etc/krb5.conf file or it's
    > incorrect or doesn't include your realm information. It can mean various
    > other things too (DNS problems, for instance), but krb5.conf is the first
    > place to look.
    >
    > --
    > Russ Allbery (r...@stanford.edu)

    The file /etc/krb5.conf is an example, and I have no idea how to
    modify it. I copied such file from another host running Redhat (same
    university), and I can tell that contains some server addresses of the
    university,

    This did not work out for me. Then I noticed a line in krb5.conf says
    kdc.conf, which I don't have in position, again, I copied that file
    from the working host to the position, still, no avail.

    Maybe I need some sort of initialization of the cache?

    Thanks,

    Jindan

+ Reply to Thread