kio files springing up like weeds - KDE

This is a discussion on kio files springing up like weeds - KDE ; Just now I started KDE, killed the kio-related tasks spawned by kde, and then started Konqueror, and then killed all the kio- tasks spawned by Konqueror. There were 8 of them. This after loading a single local html file. Why ...

  1. kio files springing up like weeds

    Just now I started KDE, killed the kio-related tasks spawned by
    kde, and then started Konqueror, and then killed all the kio-
    tasks spawned by Konqueror. There were 8 of them. This after
    being opened up by Konqueror when only a single html file
    with no img or other files pulled in?

    Thanks,
    Dave Feustel

    --
    http://RepublicBroadcasting.org - IF you can handle the truth
    http://iceagenow.com - because global warming is a SCAM

    Every U.S. citizen is by act of Congress a ward of the U.S. Government
    with no rights whatsoever other than that of living in the U.S.

  2. Re: kio files springing up like weeds

    dave wrote:
    > Just now I started KDE, killed the kio-related tasks spawned by
    > kde, and then started Konqueror, and then killed all the kio-
    > tasks spawned by Konqueror. There were 8 of them. This after
    > being opened up by Konqueror when only a single html file
    > with no img or other files pulled in?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave Feustel

    Correction:

    I got the 8 kio files in Konqueror even *before* I clicked on
    the homepage button. So those 8 kio files were accessed just
    by loading Konqueror itself. I do not remember this happening
    before, although it may be that I just never noticed.

    --
    http://RepublicBroadcasting.org - IF you can handle the truth
    http://iceagenow.com - because global warming is a SCAM

    Every U.S. citizen is by act of Congress a ward of the U.S. Government
    with no rights whatsoever other than that of living in the U.S.

+ Reply to Thread