sort menu - KDE

This is a discussion on sort menu - KDE ; Hi, Is there a way to sort the menu list? Actually it's the sub menu's of the apps I want to sort. Seems they just get put in whatever order you install them. Thanks -- Philip Bernstein ppberns@hvc.rr.com...

  1. sort menu

    --
    Philip Bernstein
    ppberns@hvc.rr.com

  2. Re: sort menu

    Philip Bernstein wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to sort the menu list? Actually it's the sub menu's of
    > the apps I want to sort. Seems they just get put in whatever order you
    > install them.

    Think you will need to order the manually in the menu editor.

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: sort menu

    Philip Bernstein said, on 04/16/2007 07:11 AM:

    > Is there a way to sort the menu list? Actually it's the sub menu's of
    > the apps I want to sort. Seems they just get put in whatever order you
    > install them.

    I'm assuming you're talking about the KDE menu. The KDE Menu Editor
    'kmenuedit (1)' will allow you to re-order entries in menus and
    sub-menus (via cut and paste, for example), although I don't think it
    has a sort function per se.

    --
    Rich Gibbs
    richg74@gmail.com

  4. Re: sort menu

    Hi,

    I was hoping that wouldn't be the only answer. :-)

    Thanks

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > Philip Bernstein wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there a way to sort the menu list? Actually it's the sub menu's of
    >> the apps I want to sort. Seems they just get put in whatever order you
    >> install them.

    > Think you will need to order the manually in the menu editor.

    --
    Philip Bernstein
    ppberns@hvc.rr.com

+ Reply to Thread