Opening Two Files Concurrently - KDE

This is a discussion on Opening Two Files Concurrently - KDE ; Hi all, I would like to open two OO.org text files at the same time by clicking on a single icon. Is there a facility whithin KDE to do just that, or will it require a script? If I use ...

  1. Opening Two Files Concurrently

    Hi all,

    I would like to open two OO.org text files at the same time by clicking on a
    single icon.

    Is there a facility whithin KDE to do just that, or will it require a
    script?

    If I use the desktop's run command with the path to a single text file, it
    will open; however, I am unable to input two paths.

    Any information will be greatly appreciated!

    AWW

    SuSE Linux 10.1

  2. Re: Opening Two Files Concurrently

    AWW wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I would like to open two OO.org text files at the same time by clicking on
    > a single icon.
    >
    > Is there a facility whithin KDE to do just that, or will it require a
    > script?
    >
    > If I use the desktop's run command with the path to a single text file, it
    > will open; however, I am unable to input two paths.
    >
    > Any information will be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > AWW

    O.K., for this one, I have to thank the bash shell. I created a script that
    opened both documents:

    #!/bin/bash
    oowriter /home/me/path/letter.odt
    oowriter /home/me/path/envelope.odt