Source file for Kate/KWrite syntax highlighting - KDE

This is a discussion on Source file for Kate/KWrite syntax highlighting - KDE ; Dear group: I am planning a replacement for Arachnophilia, my HTML workshop. I would prefer to use the syntax highlighting engine from Kate/KWrite rather than writing my own, so I thought I would simply go get the source. I have ...

  1. Source file for Kate/KWrite syntax highlighting

    Dear group:

    I am planning a replacement for Arachnophilia, my HTML workshop. I would
    prefer to use the syntax highlighting engine from Kate/KWrite rather than
    writing my own, so I thought I would simply go get the source.

    I have searched for a week now, following clues such as the rumor that there
    is file somewhere called "highlighting.cpp", but with no results. I am
    nearly at the point where it would save time and frustration to write the
    entire thing over than to go on searching for the source.

    I have very slow Internet access, and I am not able to download the entire
    source tree for KDE to perform a global search, so I ask -- can someone
    tell me which of the source files contains the highlighting engine?

    Thank you.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

  2. Re: Source file for Kate/KWrite syntax highlighting

    Paul Lutus wrote:

    > Dear group:
    >
    > I am planning a replacement for Arachnophilia, my HTML workshop. I would
    > prefer to use the syntax highlighting engine from Kate/KWrite rather than
    > writing my own, so I thought I would simply go get the source.
    >
    > I have searched for a week now, following clues such as the rumor that
    > there is file somewhere called "highlighting.cpp", but with no results. I
    > am nearly at the point where it would save time and frustration to write
    > the entire thing over than to go on searching for the source.
    >
    > I have very slow Internet access, and I am not able to download the entire
    > source tree for KDE to perform a global search, so I ask -- can someone
    > tell me which of the source files contains the highlighting engine?
    >
    > Thank you.

    It's in kdelibs. kdelibs/kate/part/katehighlight.h and
    kdelibs/kate/part/katehighlight.cpp. If you can download a recent KDE 3.5
    kdelibs tarball, I would recommend that, since kate uses the KTextEditor
    interfaces and you may need to reference those as well.

    --
    Matt

  3. Re: Source file for Kate/KWrite syntax highlighting

    Matt Rogers wrote:

    > It's in kdelibs. kdelibs/kate/part/katehighlight.h and
    > kdelibs/kate/part/katehighlight.cpp. If you can download a recent KDE 3.5
    > kdelibs tarball, I would recommend that, since kate uses the KTextEditor
    > interfaces and you may need to reference those as well.

    Thank you!

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

  4. Re: Source file for Kate/KWrite syntax highlighting

    Dnia Monday, 4 of September 2006 02:50, przypadkowo wci¶nięte klawisze
    użytkownika "Paul Lutus",
    wygenerowały poniższy bełkot na grupie "comp.windows.x.kde":

    > Matt Rogers wrote:
    >
    >> It's in kdelibs. kdelibs/kate/part/katehighlight.h and
    >> kdelibs/kate/part/katehighlight.cpp. If you can download a recent KDE 3.5
    >> kdelibs tarball, I would recommend that, since kate uses the KTextEditor
    >> interfaces and you may need to reference those as well.

    > Thank you!

    You also need syntax rules which are located
    in ${prefix}/share/apps/katepart/syntax directory

    --
    Pozdrowienia,
    Konrad

+ Reply to Thread