Cannot access browser from email client - KDE

This is a discussion on Cannot access browser from email client - KDE ; Despite defining Firefox as my web browser in kde, clicking on a url on an email in Thunderbird produces nothing. Is there something elsethat I shold be doing? TIA...

  1. Cannot access browser from email client

    Despite defining Firefox as my web browser in kde, clicking on a url
    on an email in Thunderbird produces nothing. Is there something elsethat I
    shold be doing? TIA

  2. Re: Cannot access browser from email client

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > Despite defining Firefox as my web browser in kde, clicking on a url
    > on an email in Thunderbird produces nothing. Is there something elsethat I
    > shold be doing? TIA

    Go to control center, kde components, component chooser and then choose
    your default programs for email and web browser ect.

    Flamer.

  3. Re: Cannot access browser from email client

    __/ [ Flamer ] on Friday 01 September 2006 01:58 \__

    > Alan Secker wrote:
    >
    >> Despite defining Firefox as my web browser in kde, clicking on a url
    >> on an email in Thunderbird produces nothing. Is there something elsethat I
    >> shold be doing? TIA

    > Go to control center, kde components, component chooser and then choose
    > your default programs for email and web browser ect.
    >
    > Flamer.

    I thought it would be the right route as well, but I found that, for some odd
    reason, hyperlinks in Thunderbird seemed to have ceased to work a month ago.
    Everything was back to normal upon restarting Thunderbird (or maybe the
    whole KDE). This could be a bug. Probably is... but maybe Thunderbird
    extensions should take the blame.

  4. Re: Cannot access browser from email client

    Alan Secker verfasste am 01.09.2006 00:13
    > Despite defining Firefox as my web browser in kde, clicking on a url
    > on an email in Thunderbird produces nothing. Is there something elsethat I
    > shold be doing? TIA

    Open your Thunderbird-profile Folder
    (/home/USERNAME/.thunderbird/cryptickey.default normaly) and there you
    have to create a plain text file named user.js

    Into this file enter
    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/firefox");
    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/bin/firefox");

    Restart your Thunderbird and enjoy

    This works fine for me with Gentoo, maybe with other distributions you
    have to change the path to something else.

    Thunderbird and Firefox both don't give a damn about the settings from
    the KDE-Controllpanel.

    Greetings

    Sebastian

+ Reply to Thread