kde desktop distortions - KDE

This is a discussion on kde desktop distortions - KDE ; Hi All, I am running kde 3.5.4 on FC5. I usually configure one of the desktop destortion screensavers. However, in this release these screensavers seem to use some random image and not the current desktop - for the purposes of ...

  1. kde desktop distortions

    Hi All,

    I am running kde 3.5.4 on FC5.

    I usually configure one of the desktop destortion screensavers.
    However, in this release these screensavers seem to use some random
    image and not the current desktop - for the purposes of distortion.

    Is there something I need to configure to get the screensavers to use
    the current desktop image?

    TIA,
    rouble

  2. Re: kde desktop distortions

    __/ [ rouble ] on Tuesday 29 August 2006 00:45 \__

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am running kde 3.5.4 on FC5.
    >
    > I usually configure one of the desktop destortion screensavers.
    > However, in this release these screensavers seem to use some random
    > image and not the current desktop - for the purposes of distortion.
    >
    > Is there something I need to configure to get the screensavers to use
    > the current desktop image?

    What's the name (executable filename) of the screensaver? If it doesn't offer
    any options, then the best you can do is probably hack and recompile.

    Speaking of RH screensavers, I wouldn't trust them.

    http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archiv...-screensavers/

    FC3 was to blame.

  3. Re: kde desktop distortions

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Speaking of RH screensavers, I wouldn't trust them.

    http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archiv...-screensavers/

    > FC3 was to blame.

    And why would that cause you not to trust them? Fedora would have just put
    in a collection of screensavers; It doesnt choose that one as default. It
    is hardly a security issue, all the screensaver does is display a random
    collage of images from the web.
    The fuss: It showed a picture of a building with a sign on it that says
    "porno supermarket" Not a girl or a dildo in sight...
    Sheesh, some people have small minds and lives....

    --
    Regards,

    akar

  4. Re: kde desktop distortions

    __/ [ akar ] on Monday 04 September 2006 17:55 \__

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Speaking of RH screensavers, I wouldn't trust them.

    http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archiv...-screensavers/

    >> FC3 was to blame.

    > And why would that cause you not to trust them? Fedora would have just put
    > in a collection of screensavers; It doesnt choose that one as default. It
    > is hardly a security issue, all the screensaver does is display a random
    > collage of images from the web.
    > The fuss: It showed a picture of a building with a sign on it that says
    > "porno supermarket" Not a girl or a dildo in sight...
    > Sheesh, some people have small minds and lives....

    *smile*

    I should have added a or tag, I suppose. I love Fedora
    and I use it in the clusters, as well as for doing most (if not all) of my
    writing.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"
    roy pts/4 Mon Sep 4 11:08 still logged in

  5. Re: kde desktop distortions

    akar wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Speaking of RH screensavers, I wouldn't trust them.

    http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archiv...-screensavers/

    >> FC3 was to blame.

    > The fuss: It showed a picture of a building with a sign on it that says
    > "porno supermarket" Not a girl or a dildo in sight...
    > Sheesh, some people have small minds and lives....

    I tend to agree... but for the sake of setting the record straight:
    webcollage doesn't filter images at all, and it's easy to go make a cup of
    tea and come back to a screen full of girls and dildos and all sorts of
    other even less savoury things!

    Cheers,
    Ben

+ Reply to Thread