help importing google ics calendar file to korganizer - KDE

This is a discussion on help importing google ics calendar file to korganizer - KDE ; I'm trying to import a google calendar file into korganizer and it fails since it's using the ics format instead of ical Anyone ever figure out how to do this?...

  1. help importing google ics calendar file to korganizer

    I'm trying to import a google calendar file into korganizer and it fails
    since it's using the ics format instead of ical

    Anyone ever figure out how to do this?

  2. Re: help importing google ics calendar file to korganizer

    fturtle wrote:

    > I'm trying to import a google calendar file into korganizer and it fails
    > since it's using the ics format instead of ical
    >
    > Anyone ever figure out how to do this?

    Kontact / Korganiser 3.5 imports both ics and ical, I dont know about
    earlier versions
    --
    Regards,

    akar

  3. Re: help importing google ics calendar file to korganizer

    akar wrote:
    > fturtle wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to import a google calendar file into korganizer and it fails
    > > since it's using the ics format instead of ical
    > >
    > > Anyone ever figure out how to do this?

    > Kontact / Korganiser 3.5 imports both ics and ical, I dont know about
    > earlier versions
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > akar

    O'kay, korganizer can import it as a seperate calendar but can't merge
    it into the default calendar.

    Now all I have to do is figure out why it doesn't show any of the
    scheduled items I have on it.

  4. Re: help importing google ics calendar file to korganizer

    Fast Turtle wrote:

    > O'kay, korganizer can import it as a seperate calendar but can't merge
    > it into the default calendar.
    >
    > Now all I have to do is figure out why it doesn't show any of the
    > scheduled items I have on it.

    How about you start by reading the manual (under Help or in the Khelpbrowser
    in kde or Yelp in Gnome.
    To Quote;
    "KOrganizer uses a local file, usually
    $KDEHOME/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics,
    as its default resource. But this is not your only option: there are several
    other resources you can add: groupware servers, journal entries as blogs,
    network files, etc.. If you use more than one resource, KOrganizer
    can be configured to use the default
    resource or ask which resource to use when saving new events, to-dos or
    journal entries. KOrganizer will SEAMLESSLY MERGE the items from
    two or more resources in the views."

    --
    Regards,

    akar