No backends found for listing keys - KDE

This is a discussion on No backends found for listing keys - KDE ; Hi, When I attempt to select a GPG key to associate with my Identity in Kmail, I click on "Change" in the Cryptography tab of the Modify Identity dialog, and I get the error: "No backends found for listing keys. ...

  1. No backends found for listing keys

    Hi,

    When I attempt to select a GPG key to associate with my Identity in Kmail, I
    click on "Change" in the Cryptography tab of the Modify Identity dialog,
    and I get the error:

    "No backends found for listing keys. Check your installation."

    I do have gpg installed and in my PATH, and this only happens for one user
    on my machine. Other users can browse their encryption keys without error.

    Searching produced one other person with the same problem, but no answers.
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

    Thanks,
    Jeffrey

  2. Re: No backends found for listing keys

    Jeffrey Froman wrote:

    > "No backends found for listing keys. Check your installation."

    I found the problem was that I had no backend selected in Settings ->
    Security -> Crypto Backends tab.

    Jeffrey

+ Reply to Thread