How to start the Java runtime Automatically on Rebooot of the PC. - KDE

This is a discussion on How to start the Java runtime Automatically on Rebooot of the PC. - KDE ; We have the sun j2sdk1.4.2_06 of the runtime which is used by our JBOSS server. I am trying to figure out how to automatically start the runtime on bootup. I have looked around and cannot figure this out . Has ...

  1. How to start the Java runtime Automatically on Rebooot of the PC.

    We have the sun j2sdk1.4.2_06 of the runtime which is used by our
    JBOSS server. I am trying to figure out how to automatically start the
    runtime on bootup. I have looked around and cannot figure this out .
    Has anybody had this problem and solved it. i am hoping to find some
    kind of command line option or something. Again if anybody has had an
    success with anything I would really appreciate the help.
    Thank you in Advance
    John.

  2. Re: How to start the Java runtime Automatically on Rebooot of thePC.

    jsestito@quadrantsoftware.com wrote:
    > We have the sun j2sdk1.4.2_06 of the runtime which is used by our
    > JBOSS server. I am trying to figure out how to automatically start the
    > runtime on bootup. I have looked around and cannot figure this out .
    > Has anybody had this problem and solved it. i am hoping to find some
    > kind of command line option or something. Again if anybody has had an
    > success with anything I would really appreciate the help.

    Make your own init script (see your /etc/init.d directory) or edit the start
    file where custom stuff can be added (this differs depending on your distro,
    RedHat/Fedora: /etc/rc.d/rc.local)

    //Aho

  3. Re: How to start the Java runtime Automatically on Rebooot of the PC.

    __/ [ J.O. Aho ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 15:47 \__

    > jsestito@quadrantsoftware.com wrote:
    >> We have the sun j2sdk1.4.2_06 of the runtime which is used by our
    >> JBOSS server. I am trying to figure out how to automatically start the
    >> runtime on bootup. I have looked around and cannot figure this out .
    >> Has anybody had this problem and solved it. i am hoping to find some
    >> kind of command line option or something. Again if anybody has had an
    >> success with anything I would really appreciate the help.

    > Make your own init script (see your /etc/init.d directory) or edit the
    > start file where custom stuff can be added (this differs depending on your
    > distro, RedHat/Fedora: /etc/rc.d/rc.local)

    Under KDE, you may also find a section in Control Panel, which enables you to
    specify programs or commands to run at the start of the session.
    Alternatively, depending on what you are trying to invoke (your description
    is brief and somewhat vague), you can also add the program/executable to:

    ~/.kde/autostart

    If this Java upon JBOSS 'thingie' involves a number of steps, wrap them up
    within a script and call that script, which will control all else.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E