Kword fails on most MSWord doc files. - KDE

This is a discussion on Kword fails on most MSWord doc files. - KDE ; When I receive an MSWOrd doc file from any source, and in kmail click on it, the automatic program is (or was) Kword. Since a recent upgrade of Koffice Kword issues an error message on every .doc format file. Therefore ...

  1. Kword fails on most MSWord doc files.

    When I receive an MSWOrd doc file from any source, and in kmail click
    on it, the automatic program is (or was) Kword. Since a recent upgrade
    of Koffice Kword issues an error message on every .doc format file.
    Therefore I have changed my defualt editor for such files to Open
    Office Writer.

    Someone might want to look at why this is happening. I use Kword 1.5.0
    with KDE 3.5.1

    John Culleton

  2. Re: Kword fails on most MSWord doc files.

    john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > When I receive an MSWOrd doc file from any source, and in kmail click
    > on it, the automatic program is (or was) Kword. Since a recent upgrade
    > of Koffice Kword issues an error message on every .doc format file.
    > Therefore I have changed my defualt editor for such files to Open
    > Office Writer.
    >
    > Someone might want to look at why this is happening. I use Kword 1.5.0
    > with KDE 3.5.1

    If you want bugs to be fixed, go here:
    http://bugs.kde.org
    Search for an existing bug report, if you find none, enter the bug as new.
    Provide duplication steps along with details regarding the versions of
    koffice and KDE you are using. If you have a sample file that causes the
    crash, post it to the bug report (whether it's a pre-existing bugreport, or
    a new one you create).

    I rather doubt developers read newsgroups to find bugs. If I were a
    developer looking for bugs to fix, I know I would look in the bug database
    before checking newsgroups.

    Regards,
    Tim

    --
    Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz), Linux 2.6.16-tim
    KDE: 3.5.2-1.4, xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2

+ Reply to Thread