KDM on Slackware 10.2 - KDE

This is a discussion on KDM on Slackware 10.2 - KDE ; hi all! any help on this would be appreciated. i'v just installed slackware 10.2 and configured the x server and runlevel to start the kdm login managr at boot. everything is working fine : i'm able to log in and ...

  1. KDM on Slackware 10.2

    hi all!

    any help on this would be appreciated.
    i'v just installed slackware 10.2 and configured the x server and
    runlevel to start the kdm login managr at boot. everything is working
    fine : i'm able to log in and start kde.
    the problem is when i log out of my kde session, the system return to a
    black screen with no login manager! don't know what's wrong!!!
    any idea ?
    do i have to check any kind of logoff script ?

  2. Re: KDM on Slackware 10.2

    wrote in message
    news:1145279886.012322.80950@z34g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > hi all!
    >
    > any help on this would be appreciated.
    > i'v just installed slackware 10.2 and configured the x server and
    > runlevel to start the kdm login managr at boot. everything is working
    > fine : i'm able to log in and start kde.
    > the problem is when i log out of my kde session, the system return to a
    > black screen with no login manager! don't know what's wrong!!!
    > any idea ?
    > do i have to check any kind of logoff script ?

    Maybe it's not switching back to terminal 1. What usually happens is
    terminal one starts X in terminal 7... you may be left in tty7 after logout.

    Hit ctrl+alt+f1 to switch back maybe...?

    -JB

+ Reply to Thread