Copy and Paste files with KDE 3.52 - KDE

This is a discussion on Copy and Paste files with KDE 3.52 - KDE ; With KDE 3.51 I could highlight a file in a folder, right click and select 'Copy' from the menu. Then while still in the same folder, right click and select 'Paste'. At this point I would be prompted to either ...

  1. Copy and Paste files with KDE 3.52

    With KDE 3.51 I could highlight a file in a folder, right click and
    select 'Copy' from the menu. Then while still in the same folder, right
    click and select 'Paste'. At this point I would be prompted to either
    cancel, rename, or overwrite.
    Since upgrading to 3.52 I no longer get the 'Paste File' prompt. I get
    a error message saying "The source and destination are the same file"
    and no choice to do anything but cancel the Paste.
    This is annoying, I used the Copy and Paste procedure to duplicate and
    edit files. How can I get the 'Paste File Prompt' back in 3.52?

    John

  2. Re: Copy and Paste files with KDE 3.52

    John Scudder wrote:
    > With KDE 3.51 I could highlight a file in a folder, right click and
    > select 'Copy' from the menu. Then while still in the same folder, right
    > click and select 'Paste'. At this point I would be prompted to either
    > cancel, rename, or overwrite.
    > Since upgrading to 3.52 I no longer get the 'Paste File' prompt. I get
    > a error message saying "The source and destination are the same file"
    > and no choice to do anything but cancel the Paste.
    > This is annoying, I used the Copy and Paste procedure to duplicate and
    > edit files. How can I get the 'Paste File Prompt' back in 3.52?
    >
    > John

    Not sure - and perhaps this behavior is kinda good to keep from
    cluttering up with duplicates of the same filenames in the same
    location(s)

    I just tried on KDE 3.3.2, and I was warned with a popup dialog that
    says it will overwrite the existing file, offering me to rename it
    instead. I cancelled, as it was just a test.

    Anyway - perhaps this setting called;
    /*Rename Icons Inline*/ is what you want....found in;
    K "Control Center" | KDE Components | File Manager | Behavior tab

  3. Re: Copy and Paste files with KDE 3.52

    Hi!

    John Scudder wrote:
    > With KDE 3.51 I could highlight a file in a folder, right click and
    > select 'Copy' from the menu. Then while still in the same folder, right
    > click and select 'Paste'. At this point I would be prompted to either
    > cancel, rename, or overwrite.

    It's a bug ans was already fixed.

    Sven

  4. Re: Copy and Paste files with KDE 3.52

    John Scudder wrote:

    > With KDE 3.51 I could highlight a file in a folder, right click and
    > select 'Copy' from the menu. Then while still in the same folder, right
    > click and select 'Paste'. At this point I would be prompted to either
    > cancel, rename, or overwrite.

    I also loved using this feature which I used to do with CTRL+C and
    CTRL+V. When I discovered I couldn't do it any more, it did this:

    http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=37098

    It's a service menu. That isn't as easy as two simple keystrokes but
    that helps me waiting for KDE 3.5.3.

    Just my 0.02 Euro,

    --
    Remi Villatel