Hi,

I'm using use 9.3 with updated KDE to 3.5.0, I updated by Yast. Now I would
like to update using konstruct and I don't get following from the README:
it says:
[c&p]
After installation
==================
After installation you have to set some variables allowing your system to
find
KDE binaries and libraries and KDE to allow to find its own files, for Bash:

export QTDIR=~/kde3.5.2
export KDEDIR=~/kde3.5.2
export KDEDIRS=~/kde3.5.2

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/kde3.5.2/lib
export PATH=~/kde3.5.2/bin:$PATH

Setting KDEHOME too, e.g. "export KDEHOME=~/.kdetest", will tell KDE to save
your settings to this directory and leave default ~/.kde directory
unaffected.

On shadow password systems you have to set $(prefix)/bin/kcheckpass SUID
root
or SGID shadow - otherwise you will not be able to unlock a locked desktop.

The complete KDE desktop is started with "startkde", most distributions
start
it if you set it to the WINDOWMANAGER variable in your shell
initializations.
[/c&p]
Ook, I wanna keep my old installation as long as I'm not 100% sure that the
new version is as good or even better... so before I'm gonna export my
paths, I wanna save them so i made following:
reg@linux:~> echo $QTDIR
/usr/lib/qt3
reg@linux:~> echo $KDEDIR

reg@linux:~> echo $KDEDIRS

reg@linux:~> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

reg@linux:~> echo $PATH
/home/reg/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/qt3/bin
reg@linux:~> echo $KDEHOME

reg@linux:~>

but why is there no path for KDEDIR, KDEDIRS and LD_LIBRARY+PATH set now?
can i just go back by typing export QTDIR={oldpath}? should it work that
way?
How can I go back? Thank you!

--
chEErs roN