Kmail - KDE

This is a discussion on Kmail - KDE ; Im trying to send mail through different mailservers, I have my own mailserver which I use for 80% of my outgoing mail, however my employer requires me to use his mailserver for dealings with his clients (fair enough I guess) ...

  1. Kmail

    Im trying to send mail through different mailservers, I have my own
    mailserver which I use for 80% of my outgoing mail, however my employer
    requires me to use his mailserver for dealings with his clients (fair
    enough I guess)
    I use Kmail, because it has a plugin for Kontact, and, quite frankly, Ive
    used it for some time and I like
    After a search on the web I found to change the Mail Transport that Kmail is
    using for an email, I click View | Mail Transport, to enable me to select
    the desired Mail server I wish to use..
    *However* something is not playing nice, because upon inspection of headers
    of test mails, its discovered that Im still using *my* mail server
    For the moment I have installed Thunderbird and am using that as my
    dedicated work client, but I would like to solve this issue.
    Im not sure however if the issue is Kmail, or my mailserver, although the
    fact I can use Thunderbird on the same machine without any issue points the
    finger at Kmail :-(

    Almost any help appreciated :-)
    --
    Rule 6: There is no Rule 6.

  2. Re: Kmail

    Shane wrote:

    > Im trying to send mail through different mailservers...

    Shane,

    Go into Identities and create two different identities, one for your own
    mailserver and one for your employer's. Under Advanced in each identity, you
    can select "Special transport" and specify the proper mailserver there.
    Then, when you compose a message, you can select the identity you want to
    send as, and the message will me sent through the proper SMTP server.

    - Eric

+ Reply to Thread