konqueror: disable "save login information"? How? - KDE

This is a discussion on konqueror: disable "save login information"? How? - KDE ; I've started using konqueror as a webbrowser and frankly I'm starting to get annoyed by konqueror's incessant question of what to do with my login information. I tried to disable it through konqueror's configure menu but I can't find any ...

  1. konqueror: disable "save login information"? How?

    I've started using konqueror as a webbrowser and frankly I'm starting to get
    annoyed by konqueror's incessant question of what to do with my login
    information. I tried to disable it through konqueror's configure menu but I
    can't find any option which deals with it.

    So, how can I disable that frightfully annoying feature? What do I have to
    do?

    Thanks in advance
    Rui Maciel
    --
    Running Kubuntu 5.10 with KDE 3.5.2 and proud of it.
    jabber:rui_maciel@jabber.org

  2. Re: konqueror: disable "save login information"? How?

    Rui Maciel wrote:

    > I've started using konqueror as a webbrowser and frankly I'm starting to
    > get annoyed by konqueror's incessant question of what to do with my login
    > information. I tried to disable it through konqueror's configure menu but
    > I can't find any option which deals with it.
    >
    > So, how can I disable that frightfully annoying feature? What do I have to
    > do?

    I think you'll find the password prompting is being done by the "kwallet"
    system. If so, you'll find a wallet-looking icon in the system tray.
    Right-click it and select "Configure Kwallet...". Then in the "Wallet
    Preferences" tab, unselect the "Enable the KDE wallet subsystem". Click
    OK.

    That should cure it...but it may have side effects in Kopete, Kmail etc
    which also use the wallet. If you decide you still need the wallet
    subsystem but want to exclude Konqueror from using it, then have a dig in
    the "Access Control" tab for the wallet configuration.

    HTH,

    James
    --
    Dibble's First Law of Sociology:
    Some do, some don't.

  3. Re: konqueror: disable "save login information"? How?

    Centurion wrote:

    > That should cure it...but it may have side effects in Kopete, Kmail etc
    > which also use the wallet. *If you decide you still need the wallet
    > subsystem but want to exclude Konqueror from using it, then have a dig in
    > the "Access Control" tab for the wallet configuration.

    Unfortunately that isn't an option. I would like to continue using kwallet
    but I would also like that kwalled didn't popped up when I enter any site
    which has input forms.

    I've also tried your suggestion of fiddling with the "Access Control"
    dialog. Unfortunately that is a dead end. It seems that KWallet only
    supports the deletion of stored settings. So no konqueror tweaking allowed.

    That is a major PitA to handle. Who in their perfect mind likes to be
    queried about each and every form that appears in each and every site?

    I guess I will file a wishlist entry on KDE's bugzilla.

    Thanks for the help
    Rui Maciel
    --
    Running Kubuntu 5.10 with KDE 3.5.2 and proud of it.
    jabber:rui_maciel@jabber.org

  4. Re: konqueror: disable "save login information"? How?

    Rui Maciel wrote:
    > Centurion wrote:
    >
    > > That should cure it...but it may have side effects in Kopete, Kmail etc
    > > which also use the wallet. If you decide you still need the wallet
    > > subsystem but want to exclude Konqueror from using it, then have a dig in
    > > the "Access Control" tab for the wallet configuration.

    > Unfortunately that isn't an option. I would like to continue using kwallet
    > but I would also like that kwalled didn't popped up when I enter any site
    > which has input forms.
    >
    > I've also tried your suggestion of fiddling with the "Access Control"
    > dialog. Unfortunately that is a dead end. It seems that KWallet only
    > supports the deletion of stored settings. So no konqueror tweaking allowed.
    >
    > That is a major PitA to handle. Who in their perfect mind likes to be
    > queried about each and every form that appears in each and every site?
    >
    > I guess I will file a wishlist entry on KDE's bugzilla.

    Why not just tell Konquerer not to use *Form Completion* in;
    Settings | Configure Konquerer | Web Behavior | Form Completion
    (untick)

    Save the Profile as another, if you like

    some KWallet info is here;
    file:///usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kwallet/index.cache.bz2

    I always have mine close after "x" minutes -- and it only pops up,
    whenever a Saved Cookie triggers it (from a previously visited and used
    site that requires a passwd). Start also learning about Java and
    JavaScript and the mess it causes. Mine's ALWAYS off - but I also have
    *certain* sites in Konquerer's Whitelist (real sweet :-))

+ Reply to Thread