I've got a plain-text printer attached to my parallel port on a regular i386
machine. I can dump plain-text files to it just fine with lpr. When I try
to print a document using kprint, I end up with a long printout of raw
postscript. I'm attempting to use a kprint filter that uses pstotext to
convert the kprint generated postscript into plain text, but all I ever end
up with are ghostscript errors. The only way I can consistently get plain
text out of kprint is to print to a postscript file, run that file through
ps2pdf, then pdf2txt the resulting pdf. Is it possible for a KDE app to
bypass kprint and dump text straight to my printer? Or do I need to
continue working with print filters?

Thanks,
Ed Barrett