Volume control in Panel - KDE

This is a discussion on Volume control in Panel - KDE ; KDE 3.5 - all I want is a simple volume control in the panel! can't find one! Is there one? Thanks -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk...

  1. Volume control in Panel

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

  2. Re: Volume control in Panel

    Gordon wrote:
    > KDE 3.5 - all I want is a simple volume control in the panel! can't find
    > one! Is there one?

    I guess you should have one there by default, but try manually launching
    kmix.

  3. Re: Volume control in Panel

    Alex R. Mosteo wrote:

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> KDE 3.5 - all I want is a simple volume control in the panel! can't find
    >> one! Is there one?

    > I guess you should have one there by default, but try manually launching
    > kmix.

    thanks - that has done it! How do I get this to happen at start-up?

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

  4. Re: Volume control in Panel

    __/ [ Gordon ] on Monday 27 March 2006 15:35 \__

    > Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
    >
    >> Gordon wrote:
    >>> KDE 3.5 - all I want is a simple volume control in the panel! can't find
    >>> one! Is there one?

    >> I guess you should have one there by default, but try manually launching
    >> kmix.

    > thanks - that has done it! How do I get this to happen at start-up?

    Go to panel of choice; secondary mouse button stop some open space for
    context menu; Add -> Applet -> KMix. If it's not there, it can easily be
    added.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  5. Re: Volume control in Panel

    Gordon wrote:

    >> I guess you should have one there by default, but try manually launching
    >> kmix.

    > thanks - that has done it! How do I get this to happen at start-up?

    If it runs when you log out, it should come back at the next login.

    --
    Ruurd
    ..o.

  6. Re: Volume control in Panel

    R.F. Pels wrote:

    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >>> I guess you should have one there by default, but try manually launching
    >>> kmix.

    >> thanks - that has done it! How do I get this to happen at start-up?

    > If it runs when you log out, it should come back at the next login.

    Thanks - it did indeed do that!

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk