vim for KDE? How ? - KDE

This is a discussion on vim for KDE? How ? - KDE ; Is there a kate-like text editor for KDE which emulates vim? Thanks in advance Rui Maciel -- Running Kubuntu 5.10 with KDE 3.5.1 and proud of it. jabber:rui_maciel@jabber.org...

  1. vim for KDE? How ?

    --
    Running Kubuntu 5.10 with KDE 3.5.1 and proud of it.
    jabber:rui_maciel@jabber.org

  2. Re: vim for KDE? How ?

    Rui Maciel wrote:

    > Is there a kate-like text editor for KDE which emulates vim?
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    > Rui Maciel

    Not in KDE, although some keystroke commands may be available. You can
    always run vim within X from a terminal (Konsole or xterm.) Or if you
    prefer the full console mode, go to Alt+F1 - F5. Hit Alt + F7 to return to
    X.

    If you are familiar with Emacs, Xemacs is available in most distros,
    although it may not be installed by default.

    HTH,

    Doug.
    --
    For there was never yet philosopher
    That could endure the toothache patiently.

  3. Re: vim for KDE? How ?

    Rui Maciel wrote:

    > Is there a kate-like text editor for KDE which emulates vim?
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    > Rui Maciel

    Well, there is always gvim, but I guess that's not what you want.
    KVim's successor, Yzis looks interessting, but it's still under
    development (currently milestone 3).
    www.yzis.org

    Joerg
    --