desktop sounds - KDE

This is a discussion on desktop sounds - KDE ; Hi, Little problem here. I have all sounds on kde working except for the system sounds. I go into the control panel and then system sounds then window sounds and click on the button to apply sounds to all the ...

  1. desktop sounds

    Hi,

    Little problem here. I have all sounds on kde working except for the
    system sounds. I go into the control panel and then system sounds then
    window sounds and click on the button to apply sounds to all the apps
    and then click apply. but when I go to test the sound, I get no sound.
    And when I go back into the control panel, the apply to all apps button
    is unchecked again.
    Anyone else run into this or know whats happening? This is on redhat
    4EL.

    Thanks

  2. Re: desktop sounds

    Philip Bernstein wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Little problem here. I have all sounds on kde working except for the
    > system sounds. I go into the control panel and then system sounds then
    > window sounds and click on the button to apply sounds to all the apps
    > and then click apply. but when I go to test the sound, I get no sound.
    > And when I go back into the control panel, the apply to all apps button
    > is unchecked again.
    > Anyone else run into this or know whats happening? This is on redhat
    > 4EL.
    >
    > Thanks

    In my KDE on Mandriva, you need to go further. Go into "Player Settings."
    There you have 3 radio buttons. Two select your player. The third says
    "No sound". Even if I have already selected all sounds, it is selected.
    Seems a bit stupid?

    Doug.
    --
    We can't stop crime, so why don't we legalize it and
    tax it out of existence?

+ Reply to Thread