Neat Mouse Wheel function found by accident - KDE

This is a discussion on Neat Mouse Wheel function found by accident - KDE ; Found this by accident. If you're using KDE and you have more than one application open and they show up on the kicker panel, just place your mouse pointer over any application and use your mouse wheel to scroll through ...

  1. Neat Mouse Wheel function found by accident

    Found this by accident. If you're using KDE and you have more than one
    application open and they show up on the kicker panel, just place your
    mouse pointer over any application and use your mouse wheel to scroll
    through each of the apps quickly. Can also use this function to raise and
    lower volume if you have that speaker icon open in kicker.

    not sure this works in Windblows since I haven't used it for over 5 years

    RV
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  2. Re: Neat Mouse Wheel function found by accident

    Evo wrote:

    > Found this by accident. If you're using KDE and you have more than one
    > application open and they show up on the kicker panel, just place your
    > mouse pointer over any application and use your mouse wheel to scroll
    > through each of the apps quickly. Can also use this function to raise and
    > lower volume if you have that speaker icon open in kicker.
    >
    > not sure this works in Windblows since I haven't used it for over 5 years
    >
    > RV

    There are more mouse wheel tricks

    amaroK tray icon - volume up/down
    Desktop - next/previous virtual desktop (option)
    Konqueror (+Ctrl key) - zoom www page or icons
    any KDE app. (+Alt key) - scroll horizontally
    any KDE app. (+Shift key) - fast scroll
    vertical or horizontal scroll bar widget - scroll

    --
    Pozdrowienia,
    Konrad

  3. Re: Neat Mouse Wheel function found by accident

    __/ [ Konrad ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 21:37 \__

    > Evo wrote:
    >
    >> Found this by accident. If you're using KDE and you have more than one
    >> application open and they show up on the kicker panel, just place your
    >> mouse pointer over any application and use your mouse wheel to scroll
    >> through each of the apps quickly. Can also use this function to raise and
    >> lower volume if you have that speaker icon open in kicker.
    >>
    >> not sure this works in Windblows since I haven't used it for over 5 years
    >>
    >> RV

    > There are more mouse wheel tricks
    >
    > amaroK tray icon - volume up/down
    > Desktop - next/previous virtual desktop (option)
    > Konqueror (+Ctrl key) - zoom www page or icons
    > any KDE app. (+Alt key) - scroll horizontally
    > any KDE app. (+Shift key) - fast scroll
    > vertical or horizontal scroll bar widget - scroll

    These are very effective owing to the fact that focus (strictly) follows
    mouse is an available option. In its absence, usability is degraded. I
    almost depend on these scrolling 'Easter eggs'. *smile*

  4. Re: Neat Mouse Wheel function found by accident

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:37:15 +0100, Konrad wrote:

    > Evo wrote:
    >
    >> Found this by accident. If you're using KDE and you have more than one
    >> application open and they show up on the kicker panel, just place your
    >> mouse pointer over any application and use your mouse wheel to scroll
    >> through each of the apps quickly. Can also use this function to raise and
    >> lower volume if you have that speaker icon open in kicker.
    >>
    >> not sure this works in Windblows since I haven't used it for over 5 years
    >>
    >> RV

    > There are more mouse wheel tricks
    >
    > amaroK tray icon - volume up/down
    > Desktop - next/previous virtual desktop (option)
    > Konqueror (+Ctrl key) - zoom www page or icons
    > any KDE app. (+Alt key) - scroll horizontally
    > any KDE app. (+Shift key) - fast scroll
    > vertical or horizontal scroll bar widget - scroll

    And, over tabs in Firefox - rotate through tabs.
    (or is that part of the allinoneMouseGestures I have loaded?)
    xmms - control volume over main panel - over equalizer,
    control sliders.

+ Reply to Thread