Seeing free space in KDE - KDE

This is a discussion on Seeing free space in KDE - KDE ; Hi Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this? Thanks Peter Mount...

  1. Seeing free space in KDE

    Hi

    Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this?

    Thanks

    Peter Mount

  2. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    Peter Mount wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this?

    df shows how much is used by each mount point

    KInfoCenter gives you a graphical way to see how much is used (select "Storage
    Devices").

    There may be other tools in KDE, never really bothered when having all those
    console commands.

    //Aho

  3. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > Peter Mount wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this?

    > df shows how much is used by each mount point
    >
    > KInfoCenter gives you a graphical way to see how much is used (select
    > "Storage Devices").
    >

    > There may be other tools in KDE, never really bothered when having all
    > those console commands.
    >

    > //Aho

    Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

    Peter Mount

  4. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    __/ [ Peter Mount ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 03:47 \__

    > Hi
    >
    > Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter Mount

    In the command like: df

    KDE gives a nice GUI called: KDF which stands for K Disk Free (press
    +F2, then "kdf" and Run). It should be among your system monitor in
    the launcher/kicker.

    There is another such tools that gets docked in your panel of choice, but I
    can't recall its name.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  5. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > __/ [ Peter Mount ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 03:47 \__
    >

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Peter Mount

    > In the command like: df
    >
    > KDE gives a nice GUI called: KDF which stands for K Disk Free (press
    > +F2, then "kdf" and Run). It should be among your system monitor in
    > the launcher/kicker.
    >
    > There is another such tools that gets docked in your panel of choice, but I
    > can't recall its name.
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > Roy

    Thanks Roy

    Have a good day

    Peter Mount

  6. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    [snip]
    > There is another such tools that gets docked in your panel of choice, but I
    > can't recall its name.
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > Roy

    Probably you mean KwikDisk.

  7. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    __/ [ Marc Onrust ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 08:05 \__

    > [snip]
    >> There is another such tools that gets docked in your panel of choice, but
    >> I can't recall its name.
    >>
    >> Best wishes,
    >>
    >> Roy
    >>

    > Probably you mean KwikDisk.

    That's the one!

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  8. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > __/ [ Marc Onrust ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 08:05 \__
    >
    >> [snip]
    >>> There is another such tools that gets docked in your panel of choice, but
    >>> I can't recall its name.
    >>>
    >>> Best wishes,
    >>>
    >>> Roy
    >>>

    >> Probably you mean KwikDisk.

    > That's the one!

    Very useful applet indeed!
    --
    MarineYacht Yacht Charters
    http://www.marineyacht.com

  9. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    Greetings.

    In article <44178e57$0$1017$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Peter Mount
    wrote:
    > Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this?

    Lots of tools can do this.

    From the command line, you can try "df", or "df -h" for human-readable
    output. On the desktop, many people like to have a system monitor like
    gkrellm running; this will show not only your free disk space but other
    useful info such as CPU usage, network traffic, new messages in your
    inbox, and laptop battery status. There are also full-blown applications
    which give detailed graphical information on disk usage. Two such KDE
    applications are kdirstat and filelight.

    Regards,
    Tristan

    --
    _

  10. Re: Seeing free space in KDE

    Tristan Miller wrote:
    > Greetings.
    >
    > In article <44178e57$0$1017$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Peter Mount
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Can this be done in Konqueror or is there a better way to do this?

    > Lots of tools can do this.
    >
    > From the command line, you can try "df", or "df -h" for human-readable
    > output. On the desktop, many people like to have a system monitor like
    > gkrellm running; this will show not only your free disk space but other
    > useful info such as CPU usage, network traffic, new messages in your
    > inbox, and laptop battery status. There are also full-blown applications
    > which give detailed graphical information on disk usage. Two such KDE
    > applications are kdirstat and filelight.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tristan

    Thanks Tristan

    I'll check out what you've suggested