konsolerc options - KDE

This is a discussion on konsolerc options - KDE ; Hi all, on KDE-2.2.1 I want to set some default startup-options for konsole, similar as I can do it with xterm, rxvt, etc. Particularly I want to set 'loginShell: true' Using strace I see that konsole uses /opt/kde2/share/config/konsolerc Q 1) ...

  1. konsolerc options

    Hi all,

    on KDE-2.2.1 I want to set some default startup-options for konsole,
    similar as I can do it with xterm, rxvt, etc.
    Particularly I want to set 'loginShell: true'

    Using strace I see that konsole uses /opt/kde2/share/config/konsolerc

    Q 1) How do I make konsole to start as a loginshell?

    Q 2) Is there a description of the konsolerc options?

    Thanx for reading and hints
    Wolf

  2. Re: konsolerc options

    Wolf Grossi wrote :

    > Q 1) How do I make konsole to start as a loginshell?

    You can start konsole as a login-shell this way 'konsole --ls'.

    Like most other KDE apps you can list all options this way:
    'konsole --help-all'
    --
    Thomas O.

  3. Re: konsolerc options

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:
    > Wolf Grossi wrote :
    >

    >>Q 1) How do I make konsole to start as a loginshell?

    > You can start konsole as a login-shell this way 'konsole --ls'.
    >
    > Like most other KDE apps you can list all options this way:
    > 'konsole --help-all'

    Yes, I know, but I want to make it *systemwide* as default, not having
    to type the option --ls

  4. Re: konsolerc options

    Wolf Grossi wrote :

    > Yes, I know, but I want to make it *systemwide* as default, not having
    > to type the option --ls

    Then I think you'll have to make it an system wide alias by adding this
    command to e.g. /etc/profile:
    alias konsole='konsole --ls'
    --
    Thomas O.