Knoppix: Unable to create the Foomatic driver - KDE

This is a discussion on Knoppix: Unable to create the Foomatic driver - KDE ; Hi, In Knoppix, I try to add a new printer. I go in Configure - KDE Control Module> Add printer> Local Printer. I then get a list of 16 USB ports to choose from. I use lsusb to check wich ...

  1. Knoppix: Unable to create the Foomatic driver

    Hi,

    In Knoppix, I try to add a new printer. I go in Configure - KDE Control
    Module> Add printer> Local Printer. I then get a list of 16 USB ports
    to choose from. I use lsusb to check wich device is the printer and
    find out that it's device 004. I then choose USB Printer #4 and
    continue. Then I choose Epson as the manufacturer and Stylus C60 as
    the model. After that, it says that the recommended driver is Epson
    Stylus C60 (Foomatic + gimp-print) [Recommended]. When I click next it
    gives this error:

    ************************************
    Error - KDE Control Module

    Unable to load the requested driver:

    Unable to create the Foomatic driver [Epson-Stylus_C60,gimp-print].
    Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required
    permissions to perform that operation.
    ************************************

    Any ideas why it does that?
    neilsanner

  2. Re: Knoppix: Unable to create the Foomatic driver

    neilsanner@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In Knoppix, I try to add a new printer. I go in Configure - KDE Control
    > Module> Add printer> Local Printer. I then get a list of 16 USB ports
    > to choose from. I use lsusb to check wich device is the printer and
    > find out that it's device 004. I then choose USB Printer #4 and
    > continue. Then I choose Epson as the manufacturer and Stylus C60 as
    > the model. After that, it says that the recommended driver is Epson
    > Stylus C60 (Foomatic + gimp-print) [Recommended]. When I click next it
    > gives this error:
    >
    > ************************************
    > Error - KDE Control Module
    >
    > Unable to load the requested driver:
    >
    > Unable to create the Foomatic driver [Epson-Stylus_C60,gimp-print].
    > Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required
    > permissions to perform that operation.
    >
    > Any ideas why it does that?
    > neilsann

    You should be root user. By default, you are Knoppix user.

+ Reply to Thread