KDE/Cygwin wont start - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE/Cygwin wont start - KDE ; Hello, I just installed KDE under Cygwin, and I have this error when I try to start KDE with startx & or the other commands.. + test -f '/home/Fernando Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked' ++ mount ++ grep ' / .*textmode' + test -n ...

  1. KDE/Cygwin wont start

    Hello, I just installed KDE under Cygwin, and I have this error when I
    try to start KDE with startx & or the other commands..

    + test -f '/home/Fernando Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked'
    ++ mount
    ++ grep ' / .*textmode'
    + test -n ''
    + touch /home/Fernando Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked
    touch: cannot touch `Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked': No such file or
    directory
    + IPC_PID=3528
    + client_opt=
    + server_opt=
    + xinit /opt/kde3/bin/startkde -- /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin :0 -noreset -ac
    -nowinkill
    + ipc-daemon2
    ../startx: line 42: xinit: command not found
    + kill -15 3528
    ../startx: line 50: 3528 Terminated ipc-daemon2

    Any idea?

    Thanks,

    FBM

  2. Re: KDE/Cygwin wont start

    ferbar wrote:
    > Hello, I just installed KDE under Cygwin, and I have this error when I
    > try to start KDE with startx & or the other commands..
    >
    > + test -f '/home/Fernando Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked'
    > ++ mount
    > ++ grep ' / .*textmode'
    > + test -n ''
    > + touch /home/Fernando Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked
    > touch: cannot touch `Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked': No such file or
    > directory
    > + IPC_PID=3528
    > + client_opt=
    > + server_opt=
    > + xinit /opt/kde3/bin/startkde -- /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin :0 -noreset -ac
    > -nowinkill
    > + ipc-daemon2
    > ./startx: line 42: xinit: command not found
    > + kill -15 3528
    > ./startx: line 50: 3528 Terminated ipc-daemon2
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > FBM

    Yes - note the error message:

    cannot touch `Barsoba/.kde_mountchecked': No such file or directory

    The directory name 'Fernando Barsoba' is causing the 'touch'
    command to be malformed.

    Get rid of the space character in your home directory
    name. This won't work under Unix style file systems.

    Regards,
    Larry

+ Reply to Thread