Thunderbird to kde integration - KDE

This is a discussion on Thunderbird to kde integration - KDE ; I want to integrate Mozilla Thunderbird to KDE (as default mail application). I wrote small script that can connect to existing TB or lauch it: - ------------- #!/bin/sh export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="$HOME/Programs/Thunderbird" url="$1" if [ "x$url" = "x" ]; then exit 0 ...

  1. Thunderbird to kde integration

    - -------------
    #!/bin/sh

    export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="$HOME/Programs/Thunderbird"

    url="$1"
    if [ "x$url" = "x" ]; then
    exit 0
    fi

    url=`echo $url|sed 's/^mailto://'`

    if $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/thunderbird -remote "mailto($url)"; then
    exit 0
    fi
    exec $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/thunderbird "$url"
    - -------------

    Then I set this as default mail application in KDE.

    But, when I tried send message to person in KAddressbook, this script execudet without any argument.
    Why?
    How KDE pass email address to mail application?

    --
    Denis Kostousov
    email: sandelloTHEDOGpermonline.ru

  2. Re: Thunderbird to kde integration

    Denis Kostousov wrote:

    > I want to integrate Mozilla Thunderbird to KDE (as default mail
    > application).

    Done that myself a week ago...

    > I wrote small script that can connect to existing TB or lauch it:
    > - -------------
    > #!/bin/sh
    >
    > export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="$HOME/Programs/Thunderbird"
    >
    > url="$1"
    > if [ "x$url" = "x" ]; then
    > exit 0
    > fi
    >
    > url=`echo $url|sed 's/^mailto://'`
    >
    > if $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/thunderbird -remote "mailto($url)"; then
    > exit 0
    > fi
    > exec $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/thunderbird "$url"
    > - -------------
    >
    > Then I set this as default mail application in KDE.

    Thanks for that. I am trying to make use of it, but I have a hard time
    because Firefox (I left Konqueror last year) does not handle the mailto
    protocol.

    > But, when I tried send message to person in KAddressbook, this script
    > execudet without any argument. Why?

    Why do you not just pass all the data from KAddressbook to Thunderbird. You
    can export from KAddressbook as CSV and then import everything into
    Thunderbird, which has a very flexible set of import/export utilities.
    Thunderbird also allows you to move in more direction because it supports a
    larger range of formats.

    > How KDE pass email address to mail application?

    I am afraid that I can't answer that one, but I hope somebody else can.

    Roy

+ Reply to Thread