how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu - KDE

This is a discussion on how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu - KDE ; Hello everybody, I have managed to find the way to build xxx.desktop files to copy in /usr/kde/3.3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus in order to add simple action in the "action" menu (set as wallpaper the selected picture). I want to add a "copy to..." ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu

  1. how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu

    Hello everybody,


    I have managed to find the way to build xxx.desktop files to copy
    in /usr/kde/3.3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus in order to add simple
    action in the "action" menu (set as wallpaper the selected picture).

    I want to add a "copy to..." entry in that menu: selecting it will open a
    fileselector to choose the destination directory and then copy the file.

    My problem is that I don't know where to find the fileselector in kdcop.
    I've not found something useful in kde documentaation or on the net...

    Thanks in advance,

    Lionel



  2. Re: how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu

    Lionel GRUHN wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    >
    > I have managed to find the way to build xxx.desktop files to copy
    > in /usr/kde/3.3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus in order to add simple
    > action in the "action" menu (set as wallpaper the selected picture).
    >
    > I want to add a "copy to..." entry in that menu: selecting it will open a
    > fileselector to choose the destination directory and then copy the file.
    >
    > My problem is that I don't know where to find the fileselector in kdcop.
    > I've not found something useful in kde documentaation or on the net...
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Lionel

    If you install , I believe it is 'kdeaddons' or something similar, it will
    give you a 'copy to' option. I thought I had somehow lost mine when I
    upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4, but installing that package restored it. If on
    the otherhand you don't need a pre-defined function , but want to make your
    own, maybe this will help..
    http://developer.kde.org/documentati...vicemenus.html
    Hope this helps. Good luck.
    --
    Power to the Penguin !

  3. Re: how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu

    Tron wrote:

    > If you install , I believe it is 'kdeaddons' or something similar, it
    > will give you a 'copy to' option. I thought I had somehow lost mine when I
    > upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4, but installing that package restored it.


    That's exactly what happended to me: I had once the option on a Madrake
    distro and I realized that I've lost it when I've installed my Gentoo. I
    thought it was a MDK "patch" so I wanted to do it by myself... I'll try to
    install it.


    > http://developer.kde.org/documentati...vicemenus.html
    > Hope this helps. Good luck.


    That's the one I used but unfortunatley, there are so many entry in kdcop
    that I was unable to find the fileselector!!!

    Thanks, Lionel


  4. Re: how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu [SOLVED]

    Lionel GRUHN wrote:

    > Tron wrote:
    >
    >> If you install , I believe it is 'kdeaddons' or something similar, it
    >> will give you a 'copy to' option. I thought I had somehow lost mine when
    >> I upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4, but installing that package restored it.

    >
    > That's exactly what happended to me: I had once the option on a Madrake
    > distro and I realized that I've lost it when I've installed my Gentoo. I
    > thought it was a MDK "patch" so I wanted to do it by myself... I'll try to
    > install it.


    It works! Thanks

    Lionel

  5. Re: how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu [SOLVED]

    Lionel GRUHN wrote:

    > It works! Thanks


    Just out of intrest kde contains a little prog called Kdialog that can be
    used from scripts; its arguments (see kdialog --help) let it be a simple
    yes/no dialog or info box or file open or save dialog etc.

    andrew

  6. Re: how to add a "copy to..." entry in konqueror context menu [SOLVED]

    Andrew Kar wrote:

    > Just out of intrest kde contains a little prog called Kdialog that can be
    > used from scripts; its arguments (see kdialog --help) let it be a simple
    > yes/no dialog or info box or file open or save dialog etc.


    I tested and it's... GREAT!

    Thanks, that that's exactly what I needed for something else...

    Lionel

+ Reply to Thread