Extending Context Menus - KDE

This is a discussion on Extending Context Menus - KDE ; I was wondering if it is possible to extend KDE context menus. I know how to customise the main KDE menu, but I cannot find anything similar which will handle other classes of menus. I was hoping to add an ...

  1. Extending Context Menus

    I was wondering if it is possible to extend KDE context menus. I know how to
    customise the main KDE menu, but I cannot find anything similar which will
    handle other classes of menus. I was hoping to add an entry that will open
    a file (any file) in a text editor, even if it is binary.

    In Window$ 98 I could do that by adding the required application to
    \window$\SendTo. Under KDE I need to follow through "Open with", then
    unfold the "Editors" category, choose the editor, and press OK. I hope
    there is an easier way... any suggestions?

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

  2. Re: Extending Context Menus

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > I was wondering if it is possible to extend KDE context menus. I know how
    > to customise the main KDE menu, but I cannot find anything similar which
    > will handle other classes of menus. I was hoping to add an entry that will
    > open a file (any file) in a text editor, even if it is binary.

    Before posting pls do a search as what you are asking has been asked
    10,879,578 times already. You want to create your own action menus and
    there are tutorials and examples that even the thickest can understand.

    andrew

+ Reply to Thread