I am trying to configure Kppp for dial-up in KDE 3.3.2 under Slackware
10.1 but cannot get a connection. I hope someone will tell me what I
am doing wrong.

The modem has been tested and the username/password proved correct on
another Windows 98SE computer.

The session stalls and gives an error message just after receiving the
login name. Below is both the session transcript and the main part of
my kpprc.

When I try kppp produces the following sequence and error message:

Session sequence:
Level 3 Comm nas15.aus1 UQKT2

Username:/login:/Login:mylogin_name
Password:

In box below says:
Starting pppd...

Error message:
ERROR - KPPP
The pppd daemon died unexpectedly!
Exit status: 2
See 'man pppd' for an explanation of the error codes
or take a look at the kppp FAQ on
http://devel-home.kde.org/~kppp/index.html.

When I viewed the suggested url the only thing for error 2 was
something that had to do with Red Hat machines and didn't seem to
apply in my case.

I also tried disabling the normal LAN connection with
ifconfig eth0 off
but that didn't make any difference.

I've gone over the kppp config many times and think this is finally a
correct kppprc:
[Account0]
AccountingEnabled=0
AccountingFile=
Authentication=4
AutoDNS=1
AutoName=0
BeforeConnect=
BeforeDisconnect=
CallbackPhone=
CallbackType=0
Command=
DNS=
DefaultRoute=1
DisconnectCommand=
Domain=
ExDNSDisabled=0
Gateway=0.0.0.0
IPAddr=0.0.0.0
Name=Mindspring Austin
Password=mypass
Phonenumber=300-0020
ScriptArguments=ogin:,myusername,assword:,mypass
ScriptCommands=Expect,Send,Expect,Send
StorePassword=1
SubnetMask=0.0.0.0
Username=myusername
VolumeAccountingEnabled=0
pppdArguments=noauth

I'm not sure why myusername and mypass are appearing in two sections
of kppprc - should I edit this by hand or leave it alone?

Larry