Konsole Snapshots - KDE

This is a discussion on Konsole Snapshots - KDE ; I am looking for a simpler way of doing something laborious, but I have no idea where to start. I have 30 instances of Konsole open (these must be separate because each is an SSH session) and because of the ...

  1. Konsole Snapshots

    I am looking for a simpler way of doing something laborious, but I have no
    idea where to start. I have 30 instances of Konsole open (these must be
    separate because each is an SSH session) and because of the large number, I
    have to keep them shaded. Once in a while, I need to see what each is up
    to. I do this by 'un-shading' and then shading each in turn. I tried using
    KasBar to give me a quick preview of each, but it shows the Konsole windows
    shaded.

    Am I missing a simple solution? System bells maybe?

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

  2. Re: Konsole Snapshots

    In article ,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > I am looking for a simpler way of doing something laborious, but I have no
    > idea where to start. I have 30 instances of Konsole open (these must be
    > separate because each is an SSH session)

    I don't understand what you mean. I regularly have loads of SSH sessions
    in tabs in a single Konsole then use the mouse wheel to quickly switch
    between them.

    > and because of the large number, I
    > have to keep them shaded. Once in a while, I need to see what each is up
    > to. I do this by 'un-shading' and then shading each in turn. I tried using
    > KasBar to give me a quick preview of each, but it shows the Konsole windows
    > shaded.

    What exactly are you after?

    --
    Andy.

  3. Re: Konsole Snapshots

    Andy Fraser wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a simpler way of doing something laborious, but I have
    >> no idea where to start. I have 30 instances of Konsole open (these must
    >> be separate because each is an SSH session)

    > I don't understand what you mean. I regularly have loads of SSH sessions
    > in tabs in a single Konsole then use the mouse wheel to quickly switch
    > between them.

    That's an excellent idea. I am very glad that I asked.

    >> and because of the large number, I
    >> have to keep them shaded. Once in a while, I need to see what each is up
    >> to. I do this by 'un-shading' and then shading each in turn. I tried
    >> using KasBar to give me a quick preview of each, but it shows the Konsole
    >> windows shaded.

    > What exactly are you after?

    I need to see the status of processes running on different computers. Since
    each of these computers runs for half a day, I must check that nothing
    breaks. If something breaks, I need to re-run.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com