How to KILL Desktop restart shortcut? - KDE

This is a discussion on How to KILL Desktop restart shortcut? - KDE ; Hi, Because of the way I have my key-bindings set up I sometimes find fingers slip and I press shift-ctrl-del or atl-alt-del (whatever the default shortcuts are) and restart KDE. This is annoying because there is no warning and it ...

  1. How to KILL Desktop restart shortcut?

    Hi,

    Because of the way I have my key-bindings set up I sometimes find
    fingers slip and I press shift-ctrl-del or atl-alt-del (whatever the
    default shortcuts are) and restart KDE. This is annoying because there
    is no warning and it results in data loss.

    I therefore went into the Control Centrer and removed all keyboard
    shortcuts relating to restart of KDE. However, this has no effect in
    that the offending key-combo still restarts KDE. Where should I be
    looking to get rid of this shortcut.

    Thanks
    Rob

    p.s. I use SuSE 9.2 if that's of any relevance.

  2. Re: How to KILL Desktop restart shortcut?

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:22:04 +0000, Rob wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Because of the way I have my key-bindings set up I sometimes find
    > fingers slip and I press shift-ctrl-del or atl-alt-del (whatever the
    > default shortcuts are) and restart KDE. This is annoying because there
    > is no warning and it results in data loss.
    >
    > I therefore went into the Control Centrer and removed all keyboard
    > shortcuts relating to restart of KDE. However, this has no effect in
    > that the offending key-combo still restarts KDE. Where should I be
    > looking to get rid of this shortcut.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rob
    >

    > p.s. I use SuSE 9.2 if that's of any relevance.

    On my 9.1 at home its under

    Yast/Security and Users/Security Settings/Custom Settings/

    and on the second screen there are some options.

    Don

  3. Re: How to KILL Desktop restart shortcut?

    > On my 9.1 at home its under
    >
    > Yast/Security and Users/Security Settings/Custom Settings/
    >
    > and on the second screen there are some options.

    Thanks! That sorted it. I'd never have thought of looking there.

+ Reply to Thread